Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

OS BX-1 Carb

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 01:26 PM
freebird1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS BX-1 Carb

I have an engine that an old friend gave me. It is an older engine, but has seen little use. It is a OS bx-1 not a bgx-1. It has lots of power and seems like a real good engine. It has a 7m carb on it and to say the least in all my years in the hobby have I seen a low end needle setting like is on it. It is flooding it and I was hopeing someone could tell me how or where I can find out how to set the low end. I checked OS web site and can not find anything on the 7M. It has three adjustment plus the high end. Help!!!!

Thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 05:54 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS BX-1 Carb

The low end is adjusted with the screw on end of the barrel opposite from the high speed needle. You will have to loosen the nut in the center of the barrel, then the screw will adjust the plate under the bolt. The plate has a pointer to a reference mark with +/- on the barrel itself. Be sure to lock the adjustment back down when you finish.

It's a great engine!

Dave
Old 10-20-2006, 12:27 AM
freebird1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS BX-1 Carb

Thanks!!!!!

It will take a little tinkering with, but I beleavI see what you are saying.