Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Bad Tooth
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this?

I am trying to adjust the carb opening on my Saito 100 @ idle. Is this the same thing as an idle set screw? (the red arrow on the left) ie) does this screw stop the carb from closing? I would normally just turn it to see what happens, but it is mounted on the plane and I can't reach it w/o taking off the engine.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57876.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	546932  
Old 10-23-2006, 10:01 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: What is this?

That screw's tip extends into a groove in the throttle barrel and acts as a travel limiter. If you notice how the barrel moves slightly in and out of the carb body as you turn it, the groove is slightly spiraled. Don't mess with it, no adjustment possible. If you ever need to remove the throttle barrel, you have to remove the screw.

You have to adjust the amount the throttle is open at idle by either: 1-adjusting the end-point travel on the servo through your transmitter, or 2- the linkage connector on the throttle arm that connects the throttle cable or rod to the throttle arm.

Are you SURE that the engine you show in the picture is a 1.00? Looks more like an .82. My 1.00 has a metal backplate and the cam case is different; mine is a fairly new engine, but the 1.00 cam case is different from all the Saitos from the .56 to the .91. The 1.00 cam case looks like the one on the 125 and 220.

At any rate, the carb is like I described above.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Bad Tooth
My Feedback: (10)

Thanks. No, I know that the pictured saito is an 82. I pulled it off of a website and used it because it had a good shot of what I was asking about. I figured it out anyway. My throttle pushrod was binding so bad that it wouldn't close the carb any further. Solved that problem.

So the screw pictured is only to guide/hold the throttle barrel in place?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:04 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Diavolo

So the screw pictured is only to guide/hold the throttle barrel in place?

Thanks.

Yep.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 PM
LANNYBOB

confirmed yes