Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

PULL PULL interference

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

PULL PULL interference

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 06:50 PM
p.j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PULL PULL interference

I am going to install a rudder pull pull system in my Y.M .60 G-300. I have never used one before and was wondering if there are any radio interference problems I should watchout for because of the long wires?

Thanks P . J
Old 01-19-2003, 04:12 AM
onewasp

I've used pull/pull with stainless fishing leader (30# test) with no difficulty what-so-ever. Just route your antenna away from them to prevent an inductive coupling.

It's interesting as many ask about the possible radio problems on p/p set-ups but no one asks about the same potential problem, and a much larger profile, with carbon fiber push rods.

Carbon fiber is a very good conductor!
Old 01-19-2003, 04:36 AM
Tippie

Right, about moving the antenna if there are any concerns. You could route the antenna outside the fuselage either on top or on the bottom to get it away from the close proximity of the Pull-Pull linkage to prevent inductance. Since you say it will be for the rudder, then run your antenna in the bottom of the fuse, inside or outside. Another way to do it is to use Kevlar thread/string instead of the wires. Kevlar will not stretch or break so, no worries. There are some suppliers for Kevlar in the hobby circles.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:22 PM
p.j

Thanks guys your info is most welcome. Just one question . What is inductive coupling,sounds like something the wife and I might do.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:32 PM
Tippie

It's a little dangerous, causes little diodes.