Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Buzzing Servos

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:16 PM
wilinfla
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing Servos

I am installing a radio in a used plane that I purchased and I seem to have a lot of buzz from the servos. I am using a Futaba TC7AP with S3004 servos. The control surfaces seem free with no binding, but the servos seem to buzz when they return to center until you play with the sticks. I usually use Airtronics and have never noticed it this bad, is this common with these servos? Is this something I should worry about? I have always heard in the past that it will put a drain on the battery pack, is there any truth to that? The flight pack and servos are all new out of the box. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buzzing Servos

I have run into this on a few planes I've built recently using Hitec 635's and 645's. After the servos get a little worked in they should settle down as long as you do not have them in a bind. The Hitec 6635 servos I use buzz all the time because their always looking for center.
ORIGINAL: wilinfla

I am installing a radio in a used plane that I purchased and I seem to have a lot of buzz from the servos. I am using a Futaba TC7AP with S3004 servos. The control surfaces seem free with no binding, but the servos seem to buzz when they return to center until you play with the sticks. I usually use Airtronics and have never noticed it this bad, is this common with these servos? Is this something I should worry about? I have always heard in the past that it will put a drain on the battery pack, is there any truth to that? The flight pack and servos are all new out of the box. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:27 PM
JAkridge

Iv'e had a few JR servos do the same. A little wiggle of the sticks and they would quit, pretty normal, if nothings binding, batterys are full charged and if they don't jump or studder. I think your fine. Keep a eye on them.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:42 PM
wilinfla
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks, that makes me feel better! This is an Ultra Stick 60 and this is the first time I have done flaps as well. I'll double check and make sure there isn't any binding and then not worry aout it. Thanks again.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

I have a set of these same servos and they seem to buzz more than common servos. I havent noticed any adverse affects on battery drain so as look as its not binding I wouldnt worry about it.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:43 PM
fredsedno

Old 10-25-2006, 02:46 PM
fredsedno

Hi,
If you are working under flourescent,that may cause buzzing-may not.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:56 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Uh, no.

Maybe in the radio you're listening to music on, but you would need a speaker in your servos to create that kind of buzz
Old 10-27-2006, 08:24 AM
campcrafter

I too have experienced a similar buzz and also a shuddering of the servo arms on my HS-55 micro servos and i quite agree to what zippi says. I think they try to find their centering and a little adjustment on the stick and that stops. I am not sure of the battery drain, though i haven't had any.