Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

CA Glue on finger

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

CA Glue on finger

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 12:07 AM
air mail rcu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CA Glue on finger

ORIGINAL: firstplaceaviator

ORIGINAL: rcdivot

What do you use to get CA Glue off of your finger once it has dried and hardened?

[]
Ha Ha Hah huh eh huh!!!

Seriously, Fingernail polish remover is the best and fastest way. It contains mild acetone and lotions that are safe to use on your skin.
Don't use straight acetone! It will dry out your skin. I keep a bottle on the work bench.

I had a semi-plugged bottle blow a huge glob of CA all over my hand and a wing. I was pretty well attached to it!
So, I walked to the nearest store and bought a bottle of fingernail polish remover.
The lady behind the counter asked why I was carrying a model airplane wing.
When I showed her how well I was glued to it, She laughed so hard, tears were running down her cheeks!
I sat outside the store for about an hour wiping the glued areas with the remover.
I got it all off and didn't damage the wing (or my hand) at all!

Experience is the best teacher. That was 19 years ago. I will NEVER do that again!!!

Doug
A good friend of mine is from Ohio. I need to show him your post. I'm sure he will get a kick out of your story. ROTFL.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:59 AM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CA Glue on finger

rcdivot

Ha Ha Hah huh eh huh!!!

Seriously, Fingernail polish remover is the best and fastest way. It contains mild acetone and lotions that are safe to use on your skin.
Don't use straight acetone! It will dry out your skin. I keep a bottle on the work bench.

I had a semi-plugged bottle blow a huge glob of CA all over my hand and a wing. I was pretty well attached to it!
So, I walked to the nearest store and bought a bottle of fingernail polish remover.
The lady behind the counter asked why I was carrying a model airplane wing.
When I showed her how well I was glued to it, She laughed so hard, tears were running down her cheeks!
I sat outside the store for about an hour wiping the glued areas with the remover.
I got it all off and didn't damage the wing (or my hand) at all!

Experience is the best teacher. That was 19 years ago. I will NEVER do that again!!!

LMAO! That took guts my friend. Thanks for that great story. LMAO! I can picture it perfectly in my head. lol

Peter Dowling aka Luftwaffe Oberst
AMA District II # 865404
Aero Modelers Club
Pulaski, NY