Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Please Identify

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Please Identify

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:44 PM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Identify

Hello Folks. I need someone to identify an airplane I bought used. I believe it is a Cessna 182 simply because it LOOKS like one, especially with the downturned wing tips. The wing measures 72.5 inches tip to tip down the main spar which would make it a 1/6 scale since the full size 182 is 36.0 feet. The thing I find odd about this model is that the hatch cover for the aileron servos (it has one in each wing half) is in the top of the wing. The control rods exit the wing on the bottom side, but the hatch cover is on the top side. I need to know what brand the model is because I want to buy a cowl for it. It was covered in some kind of fabric and painted, very badly, when I got it. I have removed the covering and am going to re-cover it, but I would really like to buy the factory cowl for it, if possible, or I will have to improvise. I will now attempt to upload a picture of the wing for your amazement--wish me luck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33591.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	552673  
Old 11-01-2006, 06:47 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Please Identify

most 1/56 cessna kits I know of had sheeted wings.refering to royal,pica top flite.the one i am not familliar with was the one made by global
Old 11-01-2006, 07:08 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

It looks very much like the old Goldberg Skylane 62. But, the wingspan is 10 inches too long.
Full Scale 182's have a tailcone. The rudder does not extend all the way to the bottom of the fuselage, like yours does.
So, Youv'e got me! I don't know. It looks like a stand way off scale Cessna of some sort.
Good Luck!
Doug
Old 11-02-2006, 01:00 PM
JimO
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be a Global Skylane.

Jim
Old 11-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Flak
My Feedback: (1)

Could be a Scratch Built model.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:16 PM
eagleclaw1

That indeed is a Global Skylane I built one about 16 years ago. I don't understand why the hatches are on top, mine come off the servo and go to the horn on the aileron. Let me know if Global is of any help I had to order a new cowl when I built it because it was deformed, I could use another one now because all the plastic melted after a fire in the basement, I want to rebuild it. Heres a couple pics during building.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81489.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	573346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56857.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	573347  
Old 12-07-2006, 04:37 PM
eagleclaw1

ORIGINAL: eagleclaw1

That indeed is a Global Skylane I built one about 16 years ago. I don't understand why the hatches are on top, mine come off the servo and go to the horn on the aileron. Let me know if Global is of any help I had to order a new cowl when I built it because it was deformed, I could use another one now because all the plastic melted after a fire in the basement, I want to rebuild it. Heres a couple pics during building.

I just noticed that your servo's are in the leading edge of the wing and they should be behind the spar more towards the center as are mine. In my photo you can see the edge of the two servos if you look close.