Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Holding down edges

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Holding down edges

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 11:34 PM
fzeller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holding down edges

Hi Guys
I just ordered a Kyosho Calmato Sport 40. The reviews say that it is a great plane, but the covering stinks. What is the best glue ( or whatever ) to put on the seams before I fly the plane to try and keep the edges down.? As usual, I thank you for your help, It has always been great. Fred
Old 11-02-2006, 11:58 PM
parrthd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Holding down edges

normally a covering iron or trim seal iron over the edges work pretty good. trim solvent also advertises that it works on "most" heat activated coverings (i haven't tried it on anything but monokote. you can also take clear fingernail polish and touch the sharp edges to keep them in place. WARNING!!! i'm not responsible for the actions of an angry girlfriend or wife if she catches you using her nail polish on your planes !!! LOL