Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Funtana S90 ARF Question(s)

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Funtana S90 ARF Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Rod Bender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funtana S90 ARF Question(s)

Hey Guys,

As mentioned on another thread, I am all but completed with my Funtana S90. I have a couple questions though.

1: The tube they have running inside the fuse for the RX antenna, how are you supposed to thread that thing into and out that little tube?

2: The servo extensions that run aft for the 2 elev's and the 1 rud is threaded along the bottom of the fuse. At 3 points the servo extensions would be rubbing on a ply brace which I can't imagine to be a good thing. What or how are you Funtana flyers doing to "sleeve" your servo extensions from chaf? I was thinking about shrink tubing?

As always, any and all input greatly appreciated..... Greg
Old 11-04-2006, 12:48 AM
KidVermin
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Funtana S90 ARF Question(s)

I brought the antenna out the bottom of fuse below Rx and taped along underside .
Mine hasn't shown any sign of interference by letting them dangle.
The 90 does have a weak landing gear. I drilled a hole midway up each side and made a torsion rod from a 12" 2-56 rod. Bend one end in a J shape with enough of the threaded end coming out the other half of the gear, then a washer and 2-56 nut to keep the gear from spreading apart on a hard landing.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:11 AM
Rod Bender

Thanks Randy,

I wanted to use the RX antenna tube provided inside the fuse, I just need to figure out how to thread it. I heard the landing gear is weak. I've already beef'd up the inside with some triangle stock and epox. Never heard of the landing gear being too weak and spreading out from landing though... The plane is built SO light, I consider it fragile or delicate ...... Greg
Old 11-04-2006, 09:06 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't have any difficulity threading the antenna through that tube....just pull it through your fingers a couple of times to straighten it out then when pushing it in, do each 'push' with just a little bit.

If you are in a hurry, push a small diameter wire in from the outside. when it exits inside the fuse, lightly tape the antenna to the wire and pull the wire out.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Rod Bender

Thanks Tail,

Having not tried it as of yet, I wondered if it would just push through, I figured it would have bound up. Thanks for the comeback... Greg

I see on your profile you have a S90, what is your powerplant?

I'm going to be using a YS110
Old 11-04-2006, 04:01 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Saito 100 and in all honesty it was GREAT for me, but not the best for hovering as it didn't have a whole lot of pull out power. I don't like to hover, so the 100 was a great combo....hardly flew over 1/2 throttle. Your YS should be a fantastic combo for those low 3D maneuvers...good choice.

Jerry