Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

MosquitoBite Planes ROBIN

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

MosquitoBite Planes ROBIN

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:17 PM
Thompson1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MosquitoBite Planes ROBIN

Can someone provide me a comparison of MosquitoBite Planes kit quality and support as compared to say D & L Designs? I like the looks and features of the "ROBIN" they are advertising and I would like to hear about customer satisfaction from other modelers before I put in my order. Thanks
Old 11-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Thompson1

Default RE: MosquitoBite Planes ROBIN

FYI, I had to know more so I called the number on the add in the AMA magazine. I was real interested in the laser cut wood and inter-locking assembly and superb instructions until I ask what it sold for. The voice on the other end of the line said it would be released in a couple weeks and would be around 270 Canadian or about $250 US. I almost dropped the phone. The voice continued to explain what an exeptional value it was...I replied I can't wait to see one. I built a SIG SE which is all laser cut, has good hardware package, good instructions and flies exceptionally well so I'm really getting tripped up on the price, I only paid $65 US from TOWER Hobbies for the SIG SE. If anyone out there gets one of the MosquitoBite ROBIN's I hope you post build picks and a review.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:08 PM
chris_in_montreal
My Feedback: (1)

The Robin is brand new from Mosquitobite so you'll struggle to find many people with any experience right now. There was a long thread in the kit building forum of their Tri-Pacer though you might want to look through to give you an idea.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:11 AM
drone pilot

Can't comment on the Robin, but I have built the Tri-Pacer. I found the Tri-Pacer to be a very well enginered kit. In my opinion it was, at least, on par with most kits and well worth the purchase price.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Thompson1

Chris in Montreal and Drone Pilot, I certainly appreciate the replies. I know the ROBIN is brand new that's why I'm excited about getting more information. I plan to purchase one, just not as soon as I thought. I have read a review on the Tri-pacer and I understand the design is solid and the plans and support are very good, I'm just not used to forking over that much money for a kit. Again, should anyone out there read this and purchase one I hope you have the time to do a review for the rest of us.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:23 PM
blabberon

Well, I guess I'm it.

I ordered a Robin last Thursday.

I live in Northern California so it might take a while to get here.

I read the posts about MosquitoBites Tri-Pacer and it started out sounding good.

We will see how it goes with the Robin.

Right off I'm thinking Saito 72 four-stroke instead of the recommended OS 46 AX. Seems like a lot of plane for a 46.

We have a real crappy flying field surrounded by Redwoods, that is why I was interested in the S.T.O.L. aspect of the Robin.

Stay tuned.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:05 AM
wascamp
My Feedback: (1)

I was the guy that built the Tri-Pacer here a couple of years ago. Let me say that I had a great time building that kit. I got one of the original MK ! units. It did not have the aileron servo modification of later kits. It was the balsa version. Not the later version with more ply parts. The kit framed up quickly and all of the parts fit perfectly. My kit was short one of the ply ribs for the center section. I emailed Mosquito bite and they called me that same day. I explained the problem and they air mailed me TWO ribs so I would have a matched pair.

The instruction booklet was top drawer. I had a question about the nose steering and again one e-mail brougt the answer. Several builders had some questions about the cowl and I understand that the new version of that plane will have a fiberglass version. They seem to listen when we speak.

In all over 600 of the Tripacer kits were produced and I have only heard a handfull of complaints.

I can't speak to the Robin as I have not built it. But as far as the company goes I have only good things to say about them.
If you have questions about the kit I would suggest that you E-mail Mosquitobite and ask them.

PS. I don't work for them, although I would love to. They seem like nice folks.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Flying Foot Doc
My Feedback: (2)

Thompson, i just addded my voice to the Robin group, see if that gives you any information you are looking for. Regards, Doc