Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

14MZ compatability with JR 500A Gyro

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

14MZ compatability with JR 500A Gyro

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Ray Johns
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ compatability with JR 500A Gyro

I am using a 14MZ, and wanted to use a JR 500A gyro on the rudder axis. Followed the very limited instructions, but the gyro is not responding properly in several aspects. Rudder is connected to receiver through gyro into channel 2. The gyro adjustment lead goes into channel 11. I have activated both channels in the function menu and selected SW-C for the Gyro gain adjustment. Basic directional response is correct, and I believe the assigned 3-position switch SW-C is properly set for on/off. On the gyro menu, I have selected gyro, normal, l and have three rates set, 0, 20%, 50%.

First problem, in normal mode get observe a sizable rudder offset when the gyro comes on upon switch activation. Second problem, I haven't mastered when the gyro will activate. The gyro doesn't respond to the switching movement with any logic--seems to activate when INH is selected over on/off????

When the switch does activate the gyro, I can't tell if I am in the 20 or 50% gain regime. Have been through the setup several times, thought I understood the basic radio...obviously I am missing something. Or is it possible the JR 500A gyro is not compatible with with 14 MZ
Old 11-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Flyfast1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 14MZ compatability with JR 500A Gyro

Hello Ray Johns and others:

I do not want to hijack this thread, but am interested in knowing how to get to the gyro menu on a Futaba 9C so that I can set up a JR 500A gyro. Any help would be much appreciated.

-Ed
Old 11-25-2006, 12:02 PM
masonman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ compatability with JR 500A Gyro

With the 9C you just go to the advanced menu.Push the mode button till it goes to the basic page.Then press an hold mode agin an the gyro stuff will be on the second page of the addvanced menu.....Don't now much about the 14mz... sorry trying to help the guy with the 9C