Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Mixing it up

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 09:28 AM
HangerBum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mixing it up

I'm looking for information on setting up mixing in my Futaba 9C. I understand the concept of mixing one channel to another, I just don't understand the methodology explained in the 9C manual. Perhaps someone knows of a stick figure, how many fingers example somewhere on the web. I want to know about cause and effect.

Thanks in advance,

Old 11-27-2006, 09:45 AM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Mixing it up

I have been flying a 9CHP for about 4 years now. It took me 3 years of tinkering with it to figure everything out.
THe manual helped some. But, it was really confusing. I have heard that the Ann Marie Cross book "Futaba 9C The Users Guide" is very helpful.
Here is a link to the publisher:

https://sslrelay.com/s119033911.onea...dex.shopscript

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you ask a specific question, I can probably give you an answer.
Doug
Old 11-27-2006, 10:13 AM
HangerBum

One of many questions I have deals with Mix 7. It shows a list of 5 inputs for which I must enter a value. I don't know what to enter and what it would do. I know it is related to the rudder and elevator. If I knew the fundementals of mixing and Futaba radio programming, I could figure it out. I know where I want to go, I just don't know how to get there. :-) Thanks.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:16 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Mix 7 is a point mix. I don't use it because I have no need. I learned all about my 9C through trial and error. If you can tell me what you want to mix I think I can walk you through it.

David
Old 11-27-2006, 01:13 PM
HangerBum

The first thing I want to do is mix out rudder/elev coupling. On knife my yak pulls to the gear. I know I need to put slight up elevator in the max rudder so I can do a nice knife. I suppose I will have to trial and error like you guys did as to what , where and how yo od it, but I thought somewhere , someplace, there would have been a better manual than the one that came with my radio.

Thanks,

Old 11-27-2006, 02:26 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

To mix out the roll coupling, use any available P-mix.
With the Tx and Rx on, Bring up P-mix 1 on the Tx.
Set Master (Channel 4) rudder
Set Slave (Channel 2) elevator
switch assignment (whichever you desire)
Turn the P-mix ON.
Hold the rudder stick all the way over.
Then, dial the mix in. You will see the elevator move as you dial the mix in.
You can dial in as much or as little as you need in wichever direction you need.
Fly the airplane and fine tune the mix as needed.
You are going to find that the 9C is a very capable radio. You will not outgrow it for years!

The 9C Users guide is a much better manual than the Futaba Manual. It is available at Tower Hobbies for $20.99
Doug
Old 11-27-2006, 03:34 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Doug nailed the mix set up. If I could add to it, I would say start small. Most of the time 5-10% is plenty. I set mine up at 5% start the plane and take off. I try the mix on the first pass. Then land and add or subtract 1% until it's right. Be sure to do a left and right knife edge. They will be different.

David
Old 11-27-2006, 03:45 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
Having read all the above, I only have one comment, & it's not about radio setup, before you attempt mixing the problem out, make sure your CG is at the sweet spot, for your aircraft.
In other words, it won't perform properly with the CG forward, it needs to be adjusted back until the plane flys properly.
My Giles 202 would not knife edge at all, for the first few flights, until I got the CG close to that elusive sweet spot, then it got better & better, as I moved the CG back.
Check out this trim chart, & there are many others, it may help.
http://www.palosrc.com/instructors/trim-chrt.htm
Old 11-27-2006, 06:23 PM
HangerBum

Thanks all. The CG is currently at: inverted needs just slight down elevator to maintain level flight. 45 degree inverted up line is nearly hands off.

Doug, that "Users Guide" is no doubt exactly what I need. Thanks much for the tip.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:33 PM
waco4444

Hello, If anyone can tell me the correct way to set up my dual elevators with a Hitec eclipse 7 I would be gratefull. The slave servo won't move all the way in one direction? I checked the EPA's they'er all maxed out? This is all going on in an U-CAN-DO-60. thanks