Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

shirt

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 01:43 AM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shirt

does any one know where to get shirt like a airline pilot wears, i cant fly very good but i wont to look like a big shot help please thanks
Old 01-27-2003, 01:47 AM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default shirt

Not after 911......
Old 01-27-2003, 05:26 AM
Mystic6
My Feedback: (1)

Default shirt

Find a store that sells work clothing. Around here, we have a store called Work 'N Gear. They sell work clothes like Carhartt and nurses scrubs. They can order a shirt with epaulets (the shoulder strap things), and you can get custom embroidery. I checked on the web, they don't have any stores in your area but I'm sure you can find someplace similar.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:42 PM
akpilot

Default shirt

I've found that "www.marvgolden.com" has some of the nicer shirts. Go for the VanHussen Oxford. Also, they sell epaulets there. Keep in mind that two bars one bar is for students or flight attendants, two bars is for F.E.s or second officers, Three bars is for co-pilot (first officer). And if you're really good, and I mean good, go for the four bars for captain.

By the way, marv is very quick on shipping and I've never had so much as a hiccup from them.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:14 PM
frank99

Default shirt

thanks ak i might try for two bars and not get over my head frank
Old 01-27-2003, 11:57 PM
jetmex-RCU
My Feedback: (8)

Default shirt

Try Sporty's Pilot Shop, a good search engine should come up with their website.

By the way, it's against federal regs to impersonate a pilot, especially now....
Old 01-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Kaos Rulz

Default shirt

By the way, it's against federal regs to impersonate a pilot, especially now....

Shoot I do that every time my plane takes off.

ED
Old 01-28-2003, 08:25 PM
frank99

Default shirt

oh oh!!! i am the treasure of the club and i see a lot of flyers at meets and fun flys wearing the shirts can we not do that any more thanks guys frank
Old 01-28-2003, 09:03 PM
akpilot

Default shirt

To be honest, on this one, I thought someone was making a joke from one of my previous threads . . .

There's a big leap from wearing a shirt with epaulets, to impersonating a flight officer (pilot). First, I can't imagine an RC'r decking themselves out in an airline uniform (complete w/pants, jacket, tie, wings, cap, etc.) and showing up at a flying field. I don't think that was the spirit or intent of what Frank's asking. In my opinion, he just wanted to wear a shirt that reflected his aviation interest. Second, I don't know him personally, but I don't think he's going to be roaming around the airport's in an aviation shirt and Levi's (don't prove me wrong Frank). Thirdly, if the FAA, TSA, NTSB, or local law enforcement were going to arrsest him, I think his lawyers would have him off pretty quick as his intentions weren't to board a 737 and take it over.

Heck, how many kids and adults do you see wearing old military shirts with Army, Navy, Air Force stripes on them - and that's against the law.

Now, Frank, if you try any of these things to really impersonate a pilot I'm going to be really disappointed.