Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

*Reversing "Y" Harness*

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

*Reversing "Y" Harness*

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 05:43 AM
joseph1266
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just stumbled onto this thread, happy i did. i have large scale plane and am short a receiver, i am using my only 8 channel spektrum on another plane. i was considering using my old t6xa and receiver. i figured out i couldn't mix both elevators and aielerons. considered a reverser, after reading this i am going to toss my y harness in the trash. just have to pony up for a new spektrum receiver. thanks all!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:26 AM
opjose

Even with a TX solution there are some minor problems...

More often than not you are forced to put the servos on non adjacent channels, that means for every channel of separation you are adding a 10uS delay.

That might not seem like a lot, but with a big control surface and at travel extremes and/or during abrupt direction changes, you WILL see one surface lag behind the other. This is a big deal with elevators, less so with ailerons.

Some better radios will automatically resequence the channel transmission order to minimize the effect.

On my giant 3D planes with a lot of deflection I forgo the TX based solution altogether in favor of programmable digital servos...
Of late I've been using the Hyperion's a lot as their programing is quite extensive and you can adjust for different types of transmitter timing protocols.

e.g. the 20uS pulse variance between Futaba and JR/Spektrum equipment.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:32 PM
rlipsett

buy the programmer that hooks into your computer, its $23 dollars and well worth the price. you can easily set the zero and endpoint perfectly with no sub trim and hook the servos to a y connector without the need for 2 channelson your rx being taken up the hpp 21