Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

knife edge spin

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

knife edge spin

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 11:19 AM
catmanJim
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knife edge spin

can anyone tell me how to do ao knife edge spin?????
Jim
Old 12-31-2006, 11:46 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: knife edge spin

The first step is to start very, very high. I saw a Dave Patrick video where he demonstrated it, but all I recall is that it is a power on maneuver that loses altitude faster than other spins. I can't tell you entry or exit to it. It does look cool!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:47 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: knife edge spin

Jim this is one of those things were one plane will enter it one way and the next plane wont. Most will enter it as follows, Go into an upline and cut the power like you are going to do a stall turn. As the plane lays on it's side half way through the stall turn,apply opposite rudder,full down, and power. Spoilerons will help with a plane that has a light wing loading. I do most of my KE spins with a Funtana50x. The only way I can get it in is at the bottom of a blender and using spoilerons. Try the first method first and keep a lot of ALT. Once the plane gets in a KE spin it comes down in a hurry.

David