Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

getz stuck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 03:30 PM
crash-and-smile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getz stuck!!!

Hi,

I have a couple of models with 70+ inch wing spans, which i struggle like hell to safely wedge into my tiny hyundai getz ( i am over six foot tall so i need the seat right back!) has any one got ny ideas as to te best way to trasport wing panles without squeezing them prearioisly into a car boot??

cheers

CAS
Old 01-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: getz stuck!!!

They named a car after the Subway Killer? I like it!Do you have OnStar? Does the button say "Getz Lost"?

I have a Jetta Wagon and I transported a friend's 100" wing in it (with the windows closed!). Had to tip the front seat forward and fold the rear down with the "bed" cover removed.

A small trailer or a roof box . . . or open both rear windows and lay them sideways. Do you have a sunroof? You can't imagine what you can transport in an original VW Beetle with a sunroof.

Oh heck, that's a hatchback. No problem. Remove the rear seat . . . whether it wants to or not. What's more important? The comfort of urchins in the back or getting those planes to the airfield? Priorities man!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:37 AM
crash-and-smile

A subway killer?? i thought the slogan 'as good as it getz' was bad when i bought the thing, but now i find it more disturbing, am i going to die

I have tried to take the seats out - still way too small!!! ( and i just sold my VW bora (a jetta in the us i believe!!) which is a pig!!)

i think i will have to find a roof box, i have no space noe desire for a trailer - they make driving at national speed limit illegal []

cheers for the response!! by the way - what is OnStar???

CAS
Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

( and i just sold my VW bora (a jetta in the us i believe!!) which is a pig!!)
Slow off the line, but the 1.8L turbo kicks in at 2,000 rpm with a tire squeal if you time your shift to second properly and then accelerates on up 145 mph (as high as the tires are rated - I'd be a fool to try faster ;-)). If that doesn't get your heart pumping, you're dead. Heck, my wife's 90Hp diesel Jetta is peppier than the Hyundii locally. I can void my warranty and go from 180 Hp to 220 Hp by "rechipping" my ignition module with the Audi A4 chip (same engine). Wonder if they put an even duddier chip in the Bora for the UK market?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:34 PM
crash-and-smile

oh the memories, i loved the bora (probably chipped to half of the power for other markets - the diesel car was more powerful than the standard petrol)

mine was only a meager 1600cc but i loved it anyway - i would have needed a second mortgage to fund the fuel bill on a 1.8T in the UK (petrol nearly 90pence per litre over here[])

Think i have solved my problem - a shoe horn, vaseline and a pillow, actually that sounds non too good[:-] - i mean apparently a tailor craft 80" wing fits in a Getz, me not trying my best i feel!!!

CAS