Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hobby shops in Kalamazoo Michigan

Hi
    We are going to visit Kalamazoo in a few days, are there any good Hobby shops for airplanes in the City?

Thanks in advance

Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hobby shops in Kalamazoo Michigan

I don't know for sure about Kalamazoo, but if you head east on I-94 for about 15 minutes you'll come to Battle Creek. Go a couple miles past the main battle creek exit and take Beadle Lake Road exit. Head North (Turn left if your coming from K-Zoo). I think its the first stoplight, but not positive, turn left and almost immediately on your right is JT Hobby. Its sharing a building with a motorcycle dealership. Same owners, just like a split building. This is where I go for my supplies. They seem to have a lot of the every day items as well as ARF's and RTF's. Not as many kits as they used to, but I'm guessing since your only visiting you don't want a kit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill,

If you aren't already planning it, you MUST go to the Air Museum on the airport ("Air Zoo" I believe they call it). They have a very nice fleet of aircraft, many in flying condition. I dreweled most over their C-47.
    George Mulligan
    www.sanfordaeromodelers.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They had Riders Hobby Shop which was a very nice shop. It closed last year as did a few others of their Mi stores. They were good sized stores. I imagine the internet is hurting them. I dont know of another, since I'd stop there whenever I passed through. I used to go to them when I was a kid and I'm 45 now. Hate to see them closing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is a riders hobbie shop in Grand Rapids on 28 th street. And yes by all means go to the air zoo you wont regret it. They have some nice simulators.