Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hobby shops in Kalamazoo Michigan

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hobby shops in Kalamazoo Michigan

Old 01-08-2007, 05:51 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby shops in Kalamazoo Michigan

Hi
We are going to visit Kalamazoo in a few days, are there any good Hobby shops for airplanes in the City?

Thanks in advance

Bill
Old 01-09-2007, 08:08 AM
skycarcass

Default RE: Hobby shops in Kalamazoo Michigan

I don't know for sure about Kalamazoo, but if you head east on I-94 for about 15 minutes you'll come to Battle Creek. Go a couple miles past the main battle creek exit and take Beadle Lake Road exit. Head North (Turn left if your coming from K-Zoo). I think its the first stoplight, but not positive, turn left and almost immediately on your right is JT Hobby. Its sharing a building with a motorcycle dealership. Same owners, just like a split building. This is where I go for my supplies. They seem to have a lot of the every day items as well as ARF's and RTF's. Not as many kits as they used to, but I'm guessing since your only visiting you don't want a kit.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:15 PM
mulligan

Bill,

If you aren't already planning it, you MUST go to the Air Museum on the airport ("Air Zoo" I believe they call it). They have a very nice fleet of aircraft, many in flying condition. I dreweled most over their C-47.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:22 PM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They had Riders Hobby Shop which was a very nice shop. It closed last year as did a few others of their Mi stores. They were good sized stores. I imagine the internet is hurting them. I dont know of another, since I'd stop there whenever I passed through. I used to go to them when I was a kid and I'm 45 now. Hate to see them closing.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:36 AM
kahn41
My Feedback: (4)

There is a riders hobbie shop in Grand Rapids on 28 th street. And yes by all means go to the air zoo you wont regret it. They have some nice simulators.