Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

keycreator 6

Old 01-10-2007, 09:54 AM
toni79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keycreator 6

Hi everybody. Is there anybody who knows the keycreator. I need something important to the version 6.0
Old 01-10-2007, 10:09 AM
simark
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: keycreator 6

Hello
I use Kubotek KeyCreator ver 6.0.1
Let me know what your question is, and I'll try to help.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:14 AM
toni79

What's your job and what do you work with the KeyCreator? What's your opinion about the soft ware? Thanks
Old 01-11-2007, 08:18 AM
simark

I am a Mechanical Project Engineer.
I have used Cadkey/ Keycreator since 1993, version 6. I also use Solidedge and VX Modeler. I perfer the Keycreator because it is argueably the most flexible CAD software to create a design or product. I can design in 2D, 3D, surfaces or solids and move between them easily. Whichever mode is the most appropriate. It has a very robust translator engine, so I can take in or output almost anything our customers or suppliers are using including Catia.

I can take in almost any file including a parametric file and edit or add to it WITHOUT constraints, and then output it again in the native format it came in. However it does not keep a history table.

As with any midsize CAD package, it will take training. This is not a package that you can download and start creating planes with in one or two nights.

"Creator provides a fully featured, yet unconstrained modeling environment that is essential for design engineers who need maximum creative freedom. Its ability to move seamlessly between 2D and 3D, ultra-fast solid modeling and automatic layout mode enables designer engineers to design they way they think - selecting the tools that work best for them and then quickly moving towards tighter modeling specifications.

With KeyCreator there is nothing standing between designers and their experience and creativity. The solution fits their ideas, process and skills - eliminating the gap between vision and execution. This is the goal of Creation Engineering.

In fact, many of today's most successful manufacturers use KeyCreator at the initial design stages to support the creative process and accelerate this critical stage of the new product development cycle. In addition, KeyCreator is widely recognized as having the shortest learning curve and the easiest, most intuitive transition for designers moving from 2D to 3D modeling environments."

Recommended!!!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:41 AM
toni79

Thanks the answer. What do you thik about the computer hardware recommendation to v6.0.2? I'm asking this becouse of the speed, I know that the KC 3.0 was very slowly in a general computer but I don't know how fast the KC 6.0.2. There are in the assembly about 200 parts or more.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:00 AM
simark

Like any CAD system of this size, bigger is better.

However, depending on your files, any computer faster than 2.0 GHz would be OK. Stuff as much RAM into it as you can afford and yhen put in more. Also a good graphics card would be nice, but I use the card that came with the computer and find it OK, but sometimes the regen is a little slow.
My largest file size runs to a little over 250M so a fast hard drive is good, preferably SATA.

If your just starting out with a CAD system, and you work for a company where you think there may be more than one or two CAD drivers, I would suggest thinking about how you manage your CAD files, your CAD document file management, and part numbering system.
XP SP2 is minimum.