Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

New 6 channel radio

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New 6 channel radio

Old 01-14-2007, 12:21 PM
devil505
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 6 channel radio

I just got my second plane and feel like upgrading my radio. I got the radio with my first plane. I have to reverse 2 servos each time I want to switch planes and would like to have duel rates. I want to get a 6 channel radio for future planes that will require more channels. Can anyone recommend a good radio that I can have various planes on and can save the information but is still easy to operator and reliable. thanks
Old 01-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Newc

Default RE: New 6 channel radio

At this point I wouldn't get any radio except for the Spektrum DX-7 which is 2.4 GHz spread spectrum and therfore you won't need to ever worry about channel interference. See http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM2710
Old 01-14-2007, 01:59 PM
devil505

That is a very nice radio but it is way out of my price range. I run both my planes on the same channel so I do not need to change channels between the planes. I just want a reasonable price radio that will do what I need.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:04 PM
Rod Bender

If you want a cheap (Priced) 6ch system, you can pick up a Futaba 6EXA with receiver, battery, switch, and a few servo's for around $100, look on here or around Ebay, they are around.

Not a top of the line radio system, but it's got a lot of computer stuff that comes in handy, and sounds like a good stepping stone for you at this point. The only BAD thing about it is it does NOT have 2 channels for seperate elevator servos. Once you buy a 6ch, you start to learn why the 8's are nice, but most just go straight to the 9ch. Buy once and be happy

Greg
Old 01-14-2007, 09:18 PM
bigdarylg

7 cap transmitter is about 149.00 from servo city. good radio with lots of features
Old 01-14-2007, 09:21 PM
devil505

do you recommend I just pay the extra money for an 8 or 9 channel radio now and never have to get another one? I someday want to have a nice size war bird or biplane. I dont plan on going all out on huge planes just ones that I can fly at the local field.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Rod Bender

If you've been flying for any time period, and you seem to like it (Your Hooked) and you can afford it, invest in a 8 or 9. In a years time, you will be glad you did. I can't count how many members have bought a radio system only to sell it months later and buy a new\better one. [:@]

It WILL save you money in the long run .... Greg