Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

RC Simulators--Which is the Best?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

RC Simulators--Which is the Best?

Old 12-22-2002, 03:45 AM
midnitejam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Simulators--Which is the Best?

I had a Dave Brown DOS version 15 or so years ago. It doesn't fly on Windows XP.

What are your recomendations for the current state-of-the-art simulator?

I would appreciate descriptions and comparisons, likes and dislikes.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Billie
Old 12-22-2002, 02:50 PM
Dsegal

You can buy an upgrade for $50. Go to www.dbproducts.com/ I installed mine last week and it is terrific on my new XP system.

BTW, this question should have been posted in the Flight Simulator Software forum.

Dave Segal
Old 12-22-2002, 11:39 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

I think about 80% of everyone will say that the REALFLIGHT sim is the best. It is very reallistic. About the only thing it lacks is the ability to give you "full view" as if you were actually there. The only problem this has caused for me is sometimes you can't see the runway until you are right there.
Old 12-23-2002, 07:33 AM
jumper

Yes definetly REALFLIGHT,Hand down
Old 12-23-2002, 02:05 PM
Wright Flyer

A long thread on Ezone recently came to the conclusion that the latest Ikarus Aerofly "Professional" (not the orginal Win98 version) actually just pips RFG2 in the realism stakes but either one of those $200 simulators are about "as real as it gets".

Having said that FMS for $0 is pretty good these days and has the widest range of third party aircraft and scenery of any R/C sim but if RFG2/AFP were rated 100% realism then FMS might only be at about the 75-80% mark on the same scale.

I guess you pays yer money and you takes yer choice!

Cliff
Old 02-02-2003, 07:21 PM
dirtstripper

anyone have an opinion on the REFLEX flight simulator!??? i have heard that it is pretty realistic! ED
Old 02-03-2003, 08:14 PM
RCPilot1003

Flight Simulator I have the real fight G2 simulator and it is very life like. I agree totally with the other post that the only real draw back is the field of view when you are landing. You don't see the ground until you are close to it so I have a couple of things I do to help that out a little. I run with another window open that shows me my speed and altitude and I make a long approach to the runway so that I can react a little. I also remove some of the obstacles like trees or building until I feel more comfortable landing on a given field.....Good Luck in your choice of product....Bill
Old 02-04-2003, 05:41 AM
Ted Farmin

Have learned to do rolling circles and now learning to do hovering torque roles on the Realflight G2 after I down loaded the Cap 232 toc 3d from realflight web. Had to set up the control throws for high rate to hover.