Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Throttle Linkage 4 stroke

Old 02-03-2003, 04:14 AM
flyhi
My Feedback: (28)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Throttle Linkage 4 stroke

New to four strokes, got a ultra stik 40 and had tt 46 pro on it. now got magnum xl52 four stroke, and the throttle pushrod no longer meets the carb throttle arm, it's offset by about 1/2" is the dubro 4 stroke throttle linkage setup the way to go? Without moving pushrod over, how do I connect up to the carb throttle arm? many thanks
Old 02-03-2003, 07:45 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Looked at your PM but haven't answered yet. If it's just the 1/2" offset, some people just set up a pushrod with an "L" that goes through the carb link and is long enough so it won't slip out.
In fact I just used an existing "L" on a previously owned 1/4 scale Cub that I purchased and installed a YS91AC into.
With the Dubro or your own built system (a servo arm on the engine mount out front with a return rod back to the throttle) you would need to build an offset into the pushrod going from the front of the engine mount back to the throttle. That would be pretty easy to do.
It's always easy when I'm not doing it, but when I am it never is!
Old 02-03-2003, 02:22 PM
redneck

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I built a 4-star 40 and put a Saito 56 4-stroke on it. The Dubro throttle linkage works great, but I had to put a "z" bend in the linkage to offset slightly and reach the throttle arm.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:19 PM
Rodney

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

An easy way is to just run the original pushrod well forward past the throttle arm then bend a U shaped bend back to the throttle arm and attache in the normal manner with either a clevis or ball link. The ball link works by far the best. You make the U bend of the correct size to account for the offset of where the pushrod exits the firewall.