Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

EZ connectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 09:04 PM
airshot5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ connectors

I'm having a major problem. I bought a hydrofoam kit (Red's miss hangar one), and built it fine. The kit instructed that the push rods be connected to the servos using EZ connectors. My flight instructor told me before to stay away from EZ connectors because they are sloppy and can come undone. I then tried some different things that didn't work. I got so frustrated with not being able to figure out a simple connection that I gave up. Now, 6 months later, I realize that I really need to figure this problem out. Should I just use EZ connectors for all of my connections like the kit said? What are common connections for micro servos? Any help would be great!
Old 01-20-2007, 11:01 PM
carrellh

Default RE: EZ connectors

Follow the instructions. Check the set-screws often to be sure they are tight.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used easy connectors (some call them quick links) since they came out. But only on 60 sized or smaller planes. I will use them on throttle and other non-flight surfaces on larger planes. I can only recall one in my past that loosened on me. For me, they havent failed any more than other methods used on linkages. A little advice, replace the plastic cleavis's with metal cleavis's. Seen a lot of those fail.
Edwin
Old 01-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Properly installed, these are excellent connectors, especially for electrics and smaller planes. They are less sloppy than Zbends are and much easier to adjust and install.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:08 AM
rcmiket

Installed properly they work great. Never had a problem.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:59 AM
airshot5

thanks! I'll just use EZ connectors then
Old 01-22-2007, 10:38 AM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

To each his own. I would never use them on anything 40 sized or up. Not on a control surface. I do use them, however, all the time on throttle. However, for your purpose--on a small micro plane like that, I wouldn't have any problem at all using them.