Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

radio glitches

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:48 PM
rotccapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio glitches

i am running a hitec optic 6 with a synthesized rf pack. i was out flying my sig somthing extra at a new field and i got hit with elevator and rudder glitches and ended up pancakeing her while attempting to land. my question is when i took up my other plane a 3D foamy on a single conversion rx i had no problems becides dumb thumbs. both planes are on the same freq.

my hypothesis is ether rx or antena routing. the antana is routed throug a tub that parallels the bottom of the plane and exits out the rear. the rx is ollder maybe 2 years old or so. it is a hitec rcd3500. also the antena was ran through a shirt buttonabout 1 inch behind the rx but the wire did not cross.

i have decided to try and rule out the rx by changing it to a hitec electron 6 to see if it fixes the prob.

the funny thing is that it passed the rang check just fine and i would not have problems unless i was right next to the metal freq board.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:59 PM
wylieruneyjr

Default RE: radio glitches

Remove your watch. Replace antenna on radio. Make sure you do not have metal rubbing on metal, such as metal clevis on throttle arm, metal touching or rubbing metal is the #1 cause of glitches. JUST SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:15 PM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
Have you got servos in the tail of the plane?
If so, move RX aerial up to the top of the vertical fin or out to the end of the horizontal stab & see if that helps. also make sure your not running the RX aerial past the switch.
Servos put out lots of RF noise, & can effect reception if too close to aerial.
As well as all the above post.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:26 PM
BillyGoat

Not too long ago I was flying a plane that all of a sudden started glitch quite severally. Fortunately I was able to get the plane on the ground with no damage. Doing another range check showed no problems, even had a buddy helping out and it was just a real mystery.

Several days later checking the plane in the shop the problem finally showed it self.

A bad switch!!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:39 PM
rotccapt

my servos are inbetween the wing halfs. i do have metal clevis on the throttle arm but it is plastic. here is a pick of my servo settup but i dont have servose and whatnot in the plane because i am doing repaires. i have labled where everything would usualy be.

what kind of radio antenna shoud i get?

i did not realize that my watch affected rc gear
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30244.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	606617  
Old 01-25-2007, 10:51 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)