Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Need some smoke system help

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Need some smoke system help

Old 02-06-2003, 01:10 AM
bdphil
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some smoke system help

I'm looking over my TME smoke system and I have a few questions.

1. The battery connects directly to the pump and switching is handled by the pump electronics. How can I set this up with a charging jack? The pump and battery will be located in kind of an inconvenient area to charge it without a jack.

2. Should I use a third tank line for filling, or can I use a "T" in the pickup line?

3. My muffler (J&A Pitts) has a smoke fitting that seems to be awefully small inside diameter, much smaller than the ID of the fuel tubing. Is this OK, or do I need to come up with a new fitting?

You can probably tell this my first smoke setup so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ben
Old 02-06-2003, 02:26 AM
MHawker
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Ben,

I'm in the same boat (plane?) you are. I bought a used TME pump for a fellow club member and it came with the book. I'd be glad to copy it for you if you think it would help.

Also, if "Minnflyer" is around, he is kinda the resident smoke system guru. Hopefully he will chime in.

Later.

Mike
Old 02-06-2003, 03:03 AM
bdphil
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the books that came with the pump and there's no mention of pressure fitting size. Ton's of other good info though, preheaters and all that.

The wiring thing probably isn't exclusive to smoke systems. I guess I just need to find out if I can make some sort of a y-harness right into the battery so I can charge it from a distance.

Thanks for the offer though!

Ben