Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Trainer Cord

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:19 PM
masonman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trainer Cord

I have a Futaba 9C TX and a Tower Hobbies System 3000 TX : whenever I have the trainer cord plugged in between the two of them and my trainer switch activated on the 9C.The buddy box radio only works when its power is on. In the Futaba manuel it says to have the trainer radio power turned off... would it be safe to fly like this?
Old 02-09-2007, 07:17 PM
masonman

Default RE: Trainer Cord

I called tower an they said to take the crystal out of the buddy tx an it works now
Old 02-10-2007, 12:46 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strange that you should HAVE to take the crystal out to get it to work. I thought the Tower TX was made by Futaba and I've used all kinds of Futaba buddy boxes without having to take the crystal out. And I never had to turn them on either. You wouldn't want to turn the buddy box on anyway because it might interfere with someone else's channel. Of course, without the crystal it won't transmit anything, so you're good to go.

Maybe it has something to do with the 9C transmitter? I have a 9C myself, but I've never plugged a buddy cord into it.

Glad you got it to work anyway!
Old 02-10-2007, 01:19 AM
masonman

Very strange i know....Thats what the tech said to do. I guess i will try