Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New TX

Old 02-09-2007, 06:20 PM
perpetualrepair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TX

I am in the market for a new TX, I have a JR XP6102 which i am impressed with, and am thinking of buying the DX7 Spektrum, my question is, as i intend teaching my son to fly , can i use these two TX in a buddy box setup, and if not why,
Old 02-09-2007, 06:24 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: New TX

From everything I've seen you can use a JR radio for a buddy box on the DX7 radios. You shouldn't have any problems.

Ken
Old 02-09-2007, 06:38 PM
masonman

Rc Ken is right. I have seen with an 8103 an a dx7. It works just fine
Old 02-09-2007, 09:04 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Of course you can. Anyone who thinks Spektrum is a separate company (separate from JR) probably also thinks that Wal-Mart has their own bread factory pumping out those Great value loaves by the truckload. They are the same radio made by the same people. They have different modulation, run on different frequencies--and for that some of the "innards" are different, but the case, and all programing is identical. Spektrum even has the "pilot link" feature--called Pilot Link, which is a trademark of JR radios. You tell me.................
Yes, JR and Spektrum will buddy box. They roll out of the same factory.
You can call me nuts and try to convince me otherwise--but you will be unsuccessful.
BTW, I'm getting one myself at the end of the month when taxes arrive!!!!!!
And I too own a 6102, and a 7202 (of which the DX 7 is modeled after).
Old 02-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, as I understand it, Spectrum is a California company who buys JR parts. Last I heard, they did not have a cross licensing agreement with JR. Horizon distributes both. I could be wrong, however.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:04 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Go to Spektrum's website [link=http://www.spektrumrc.com]www.spektrumrc.com[/link] . Look at their contact page, [link]http://www.spektrumrc.com/About/Contact.aspx[/link] , and you'll see that their contact info is Horizon Hobby in Illinois. The copyright at the bottom of every page on that site shows Horizon Hobby owns it.

Ken