Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

New purchase!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 10:52 AM
spiral_72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New purchase!

Check it out man! I've been out of the hobby for abot 10 years. I had this setup drop in my lap. I couldn't resist. I'll see if I can relight my old RC hobby.

I gotta'n old Eagle 63 (whatever that is) .40 high wing plane. It's complete, flield box, starter, hot shot, plane, radio, Rx servos, engine, everything. Ready to go flying..... for $125.
.... and I gotta low wing .40 kit to build when I crash this one. COOL!

I had to do some work on the Tx to get it all working. It's an old 6 channel Futaba. We'll see how it goes. If all goes well, and I get a few flights in, I'll get the JR radio set I've been lusting after.

Sorry about the post, I had to tell someone, and my wife didn't really share my enthusiasm.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84256.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	643271  
Old 03-16-2007, 11:50 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: New purchase!

Welcome back! Be sure to check your radio to make sure it is narrow band. It looks like one of the old Futaba radios I had in the 80's, that was originally a wide band design. It (transmitter) can be converted to narrow band by a qualified technician. If it is a wide band, you need to know it is no longer FCC approved,and if you use it, you may shoot down another plane on an adjacent frequency, or get shot down by same. As for the receiver, if it is wide band, junk it and replace it with a suitable narrow band RX. Also, be sure the batteries are strong and reliable.

Actually, radios today are so much better and less $$ than they used to be, consider getting a whole new, current radio. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They rarely do. Welcome back!
Old 03-16-2007, 11:10 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

lucky you!
the CG eagle 65 is a wonderful trainer and all around plane. many clubs recomended them for first planes. i used to build 'em for any one who would pay a couple of bucks if they didn't have time. (before i went to school... now i don't have that kind of time)
and ditto on checking out the batteries. if the radio is "gold" stickered it will have the updated frequency changes. if not i wouldn't fly with it. your local rc club or hobbyshop can help or post a digital picture of the back of the radio and these guys can tell you if it has been updated.