Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Kyosho finish

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 03:55 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kyosho finish

Does any one have an idea what they use for paint & clear coat on their ARFS, sure is tough stuff!!
>>>>>>>>>>big max 1935>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 02-16-2003, 04:07 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Kyosho finish

Max:

Maybe Kyosho, not being burdened with the EPA and other enviro-Nazis, can still get the old K&B epoxy paints. Haw.

Missed seeing your posts, Max.

Bill.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:08 AM
big max 1935
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kyosho finish

Hi Bill : Was off for a couple days ,had to assemble a Kyosho Gee BEE for a chemical company in Nebraska so they could raffle it off at a convention. Little thing was kind of nice & was amazed at the finish. Very hard , all the normal cleaners I use on covering would not touch the paint! Have been on today spreading my multiple years of wisdom( mostly BS ) through the pages of RCUniverse. I think we both are good at snow jobs! Speaking of snow ,I had to scoop some today . Made snow angels with grand daughter in back yard, laid down in fresh German Shepard dog poop! Made stinky angel!! See you later ,my pottie pills are working!! MAX AMA 14958
Old 02-17-2003, 03:28 AM
CafeenMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho finish

I would guess they use a 2-part automotive finish. It's really not that expensive when purchased in quantaties a factory would use. I mean they pay just a fraction of what we pay by the quart. It's crystal clear and impervious to just about everything.