Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Frequent radio glitches

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Frequent radio glitches

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 10:51 AM
PiccoLino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Frequent radio glitches

After my buddies and I have had a number of glitches and mishaps due to loss of radio control, some of us have come to the conclusion that there could be a kind of "shadow cone", at our flying field, where the radio waves have difficulties to travel through.
We all fly using 35 MHz frequency band with cpm type radios because FM radios are just too risky to use, unless you like the thrill of crashing unexpectedly.
The landscape around the field is made of hills and valleis and the place where we stay is at 200 feet from an alectric (low) power line.
Have you ever experienced something like this? Do you have any explanation for it?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:11 AM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Frequent radio glitches

ORIGINAL: PiccoLino

We all fly using 35 MHz frequency band with cpm type radios because FM radios are just too risky to use,
More risky than the problems you're having with 35 MHz? Sounds like a time to change over to 2.4 GHz.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:28 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Frequent radio glitches

Hi"!
Are you using Hitec radios?