Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Tuned pipe header connector-flex tube??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Tuned pipe header connector-flex tube??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Flatspin-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned pipe header connector-flex tube??

was wondering where I could get some flex tubeing for connecting my tuned pipe to the motor. I have a Picco 60 and it has no manifold, just a pipe connector made right into the cylinder.. I just need some way to connect the motor to the tuned pipe...I tried about a 6" piece of electrical conduet and it worked for a while but leaked badly, then came loose at the neoprene connector at the cylinder. The piece needs to drop about 3" to connect to the pipe running along the bottom of the plane between the landing gear...sort of a long "s" shape if that makes sence. Maybe there is a solid "s" pipe I can buy but I dont know where...any help please!!

Thanks, Ron
Old 04-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tuned pipe header connector-flex tube??

Ron, try Macs Products ( http://www.macspro.com/ ). Sometimes the engine manufacturer has accessories such as flex exhaust connectors.

John
Old 04-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Flatspin-RCU

John...tried them but nadda...thanks anyhow!!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I have a mental picture of what you are looking for. Rossi does a similar type engine to header connection except the engine uses a bolt on adapter to the engine and the header slips onto the adapter and is held in place with a spring that goes around the cylinder. OPS has a similar set up. Seems common to the Italian engines. Is the engine side mounted or upright? Sounds like some custom bending and welding is in the cards. Also look at OS accessories. I was looking for a flex connection for my RCV 90 SP and came across flex pipes at RCV and OS.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Flatspin-RCU

Thanks John...yes the Picco is very similar to Rossi and the engine is inverted and has no exhhaust manifold, only a big nipple for an exhaust and a neoprene coupler...it would be easy if the tuned pipe could go directly into the coupler but the pipe would have to go inside the fuse for this to happen, so what I need is a drop pipe to go under the fuse and into the tuned pipe...I'll try RCV and OS and maybe Rossi...flex tubing would be the easiest way as far as I can see...thanks again

Ron