Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hitec Fusion 9

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:46 PM
aa2dd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Fusion 9

Hi guys ......

Today, I received my long backordered Hitec Fusion 9 Rx. Wonder if anyone out there has received one, and has used/flown with it yet? If so, how did/do you rate it? I played on the bench with it for an hour or so, and am impressed so far. Have it installed in my testbed bird. Will give it the acid test in the morning i Hope.

Bruce ... aa2dd

Old 04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Fusion 9

Hitec seems to have some sort of problem bringing the Fusion 9 to market
let us know how yours works out.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:42 PM
aa2dd

Hello Ira ...

Well, good news and bad news so far for me. When i hooked things up yesterday, I used my backup transmitter, which is a Futaba 9C. Everything worked as it should. I then tried using my main Tx which is a Futaba 9Z ... ohhh ohhh ...... nothing!? I reset the receiver to default settings and then tried setting it up as per their instructions .... no good.. it will not respond to the 9Z at all . Then i got my 9c out and tried setting the freq channel ... set almost instantly! reset and tried the 9Z again .... no go. Then i reset it, and tried setting the channel with my Hitec Eclipse .... it set almost instantly. Dunno what is going on, but it does not seem to work with my 9Z, so guess that I will not be buying any more of them! Sort of shocked me as i have been using Hitec receivers almost exclujsively, with absolutely no problems what so ever, for many years.

Bruce
aa2dd
Old 04-03-2007, 06:51 PM
ira d

Is it possible the 9Z may be in pcm mode and does it have shift select? howeverI think
the Fusion has auto shift select so it should receive any ppm fm transmitter no matter
what the shift.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:56 PM
aa2dd

I had reset the modulation to ppm ... it did not matter .. still does not respond to the 9Z!

Bruce
Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 PM
ira d

Well it seems that Hitec still has some bugs in the Fusion 9, when they were first
introduced some 8-10 months ago i was going to purchase one but then they were
never available, later I begain to here they had been recalled and the few that made it
to market were not working properly.