Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

no servo responce

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

no servo responce

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 04:12 PM
chuckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no servo responce

I just finished building a p17 stearman. but the rudder and alirons DONT respond, but the throdel and elevater DO, i iknow there plugged into the right channels on the reciever. is it the computer radio i have, its the new futaba 6 channel computer one. any help? chuck
Old 04-10-2007, 07:02 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: no servo responce

could be duid you see what you have set the throws for?put the airleron servo in the rudder spot on the rx and see if they move then if they do then the problem is in the tx or you don't have them plkugged into the rx properly
Old 04-10-2007, 08:50 PM
chuckflyer

did all that. even try different transmitter same channel. nothing. but i know there pluged into right channel on reciever. ?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But did you try a different receiver? Possible the receiver is a dud? Possible the servos are duds? Are the travel adjusts set to 100%. Are you starting with a fresh model memory with no previous inputs from another plane? Too many things to list to nail it down on the first try. Check that all the features are turned on and set to what they need to be. When in doubt, read the manual and go from there.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:25 AM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

plug in backward
Old 04-11-2007, 06:37 AM
rwright142

You indicated you may have already done all of the following, but I'll list what I would do just in case.

1. First of all, what transmitter, receiver, and servos are you using? Do the servos move, but not the control surfaces?

2. Make sure all of the servos plug in to the receiver in the same direction (for example, all of servos should have the black wire facing the same direction.)

3. Take the throttle servo (you said it works) and plug it into the aileron channel (you indicated no movement on this servo) in the receiver. If the throttle servo moves then the problem is not the receiver. No worky = bad receiver since the throttle servo works in another channel.

4. Take the aileron servo (you indicated no movement on this servo) and plug it into the throttle channel (you said it works) in the receiver. If the servo moves then it is good. No worky = bad servo since the throttle servo works in that channel.

If the servos move but your control surfaces do not, see if you can move the surfaces by hand, using the push rods that connect to the servos.

Let us know the outcomes.