Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

First Low-wing plane

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

First Low-wing plane

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:11 PM
GregT882762

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Low-wing plane

I have been flying a stik plane for a while,and looking to purchase my first low wing plane,right now seriously considering the hangar 9 pulse xt 40 arf, any comments on this plane or any others i might try
Old 04-11-2007, 04:17 AM
alan0899

Default RE: First Low-wing plane

G'day Mate,
The Pulse XT is a great flying aircraft, highly recommended, with a good 46 2stroke or a 70 or 80 4stroke, but mount the engine, sideways, much better for tank height, It is very similar to the Kyosho Calmato low wing aerobatic trainer.
I have flown both of them & they are first rate.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:12 AM
weeber24

The Pulse was my first low wing plane after my Alpha trainer. It's a great flying airplane and I'm able to learn more advanced maneuvers with it. Right now I'm working on a slow roll and a 4-point roll. I don't think you can go wrong. It's just as comfortable flying inverted as it is upright, and it does a respectable knife-edge which looks pretty good going down the flight line.

The only problem I've had with it is the same one that's been mentioned before. The landing gear area is a little weak. I would reinforce with a little more epoxy before you take it up for the first time.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:40 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Pulse XT is excellent

A few others worth looking into are the:

Goldberg Tiger II
Sig 4* 40
Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 AM
pywackit

Cameron724, I've been training with a Alpha40 and my next plane will be a 40 stick plane after I get my landings down better. Anyway....I can't wait to get my first low wing plane but I want mine to be some WW2 plane...wonder if there's a good low wing plane out there. I've heard the Mustang is really touchy but I'd rather have a P-40.

Did you like flying that stick? My friend had his crashed stick 40 just sitting around and didn't do anything with it for over a year! He just bought another one so I traded a KU leather jacket that I got free for it. I rebuild it and even recovered it in cub yellow and kept the crosses on her and she's a beauty for sure. Can't wait to get her flying.
Good luck on that low wing plane....