Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

servo gets off center

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

servo gets off center

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:53 AM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo gets off center

any ideals why a hobbico servo will off ceneter, servo is new futaba radio have two of them one on each aerilon and a y to the reciever, centered the servo arm and put the plane in the air perfect, a few weeks later charge batteries and head to the field and power up and the left servo is off center again grounded plane all the other servos are dead 90 degrees perfect, any ideals thanks frank99[&:]
Old 05-02-2007, 06:44 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: servo gets off center

is it a hobbico or a Futaba? and which one....

Also is the servo arm specifically for that servo... if you use one for another brand, you might get it to fit...but it will fail as you mentioned....
Old 05-02-2007, 07:12 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Broken gear train, or wrong brand servo arm.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:20 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: TLH101

Broken gear train,

Yep...that too...
Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 AM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

A new servo that won't center usually points to a bad potentionmeter in the servo. Send it back and get another one. Do not fly with it.
Doug
Old 05-02-2007, 08:30 AM
frank99

thanks to all hobbico and have used hobbico white arm, has to be a voltage thing ??? new ones fail ??? have found it on the ground each time hit a black cat on fri 13 with my new prius guess my luck will run out with pane if i keep flying it sig arf satio 72 4c fun plane and ez to fly going to hobby shop and repace the servo [&:] frank 99
Old 05-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are quite a few of the lesser servos that have an inaccurate or wide deadband and resolution that's fair at best. The battery has little or nothing to do wth it. If you want or need precision and repeated accuracy you have to step up in price and quality.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:38 AM
frank99

off to the fun fly with a new futaba servo installed in my sig and had no fun, turned my alierons into flaps, guys said rotation is different from hobbico, took hobbico servo apart and the grears of fine white grease ok, have servo hooked into a y harness, what is a potentionmeter, and any better servos with the same rotation as a hobbico brand thanks frank 99[&:]
Old 05-06-2007, 07:04 AM
jetmech05

A potentionmeter is a variable resistor like a volume knob. In this case its used to return the servo to neutral by senseing null.
If only one servo is causing you problems. then it isn't your transmitter or receiver. it is either the Y harness or the servo.
If you only changed one servo, that very well could be your prob on the second flight. remember with a Y harness your hooking up 2 servos in parallel....... run both aileron servos the same brand and model
good luck