Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Let's hear your BIGGEST beef in RC...

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Let's hear your BIGGEST beef in RC...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 01:10 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Let's hear your BIGGEST beef in RC...

No standards on the electric side of the hobby... especially prop shafts, prop mounts, spinners etc It's really quite irritating when the same motor will have two diff prop shaft sizes... ***?
Old 10-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

I have a long list, and here are some of my biggest beefs in RC:

Club politics.
The price of glow fuel.
The price of some club dues.
The "new" MonoKote [X(]
Paying manufacturer's price for planes and then having to replace the crappy hardware that they send you with the plane.
Arrogant know-it-all buttheads that don't have a clue about anything much.
When people fly against the pattern or circuit just for spite.
Not having enough time to fly.
Did I mention not having enough time to fly?
Going to the field and the person scheduled to mow somehow "forgot" to mow or was out of town and the grass is so high a full size plane could not land in it (also they forgot to call anyone to tell them - Yes, that is so respectful to fellow club members).

Old 10-02-2011, 02:54 PM
maukaonyx

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Newbies who show up at the field looking for help and asking questions in a very demanding and condescending way. I am not saying all of them are this way. The ones that are this way just irk me and I ignore them.

Visitors to the field who apparently cannot read or understand the 10 signs we have posted on the fence saying that spectators cannot go beyond the fence into the pit area. We welcome guests, but we want to keep them safe.

Pilots who don't communicate their takeoff and landing intentions to all other pilots in the air.

The know it all club member who gives his advice without being asked.

The newbie who is a know it all.

The club members who never lift a finger to help the club in any way. Yeah I know, that is real common.

The rising cost of our hobby, without more quantity or quality.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
waterloged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

loved dos....[>:]
Old 10-02-2011, 04:08 PM
waterloged

How do i get in the corsair brotherhood??? I have several corsairs and i'm building a new corsair for show starting this winter. email or let me know please
Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Takes longer to drive to the field than it does to crash your plane! [:@]
Old 10-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Radical Departure
My Feedback: (13)

- Paying out the whazoo for a model and then spending 1/2 the build time fixing shoddy manufacturer defects or 'corner cutting' issues.

- Spinners, always a pain in the *****.

- Constantly ironing/shrinking out bubbles in some brands of covering.

- Models that require you to install an item, which once is done, you will never be able to get to it if it breaks or fails without cutting the plane up.

- Support personnel who know nothing about the products they're supporting.

- Fliers that don't know that the throttle has more than 2 positions, those two being off and wide-open.

- Having to deal with 5 different suppliers to get 5 different items to complete one build item.

- Engine compartment designs that require you to have hands the size of a two year old to access them. (1/4 scale & up).

- See exactly what you'd been looking for on RCU Classified, but its too far to reasonably drive and it can't be shipped.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rod Bender

Listening to everyone's health problems....worse than a bunch of women in the beauty parlor
I can still remember when we used to talk about cars and girls, your right, now we all talk about health problems.
My biggest gripe, when the club events $5.00 greasy Burger went up to $8.00!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 03:43 AM
trumpteb

Futaba 7c instructions on how to mix for what you...are these instruction origionally in another language, if so, a lot is lost in translation.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:03 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

trump, I still can't figure out the weird mix on my 7c that causes the garage door to move with the throttle on my radio

I have not pushed the envelope to far with the mixing..but I thought the 7c was fairly understandable so far..

What I hate is when an entire radio system becomes obsolete, still recall the gold sticker days ..and for some reason I don't trust my old radios now that I have a 2.4, that makes no sense.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:29 PM
DeferredDefect

-Having a stringer or sheeting crack deep inside the fuselage, where it's neigh-on impossible to reach or repair

-Trying to keep models looking "nice". I built a new fueslage for my discus glider, even though it was technically fine but looked bad!

-Forgetting my frequency pin on the board. I don't think it's been in my house for over a year...

-Carrying more tools, spares, and supplies than needed to maintain the space shuttle to the field, and not needing one. Ever. But I know that if I leave them at home, something will need repair at the field! It never fails...

-"I have an RC truck. I bet it goes way faster than that plane. I'm thinking of getting one because I already know how to do it."  Other than that, visitors to the field are generally polite and interested.

-Having your eight year old brother think it's funny to add expo, change trims, reverse servos and generally butcher my organised and carefully set up model settings on my radio...  

-Dog and cat. Running over wings (note patches), or chewing the antenna on my Tiger 60, the antenna on my sailplane, the reciever plug on my radio charger and my glow driver charger. All in the past week!

Remind me again why this hobby is fun?
Old 10-06-2011, 04:35 PM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Here's a beef'!!! Reading these forums and people wanting help and questions answered when the answers are right in front of thier stinkin nose. I wonder if they actually want someone to come to thier house and read the crap to them... as most things are written here are understandable... and other then rewriting it all... some people need to learn to read, and learn to learn.. without somebody holding thier hand...

Some guy posts that he's frying servos using a 7.4v lipo.(as a standard flight-pack battery)he writes... "the system is rated for 4.8-6v".. and he says..."what do you think?" I mean duuuuhhhh......

Or the guy that posts in RCUniverse... Does anybody know of a website where I can get a plane ID'd? again... duuhh... isn't this one of the top sites in the world??? duh..

I think people like that should plug the 7.4 in thier brain and reboot it or something.. ahh.. I feel a tad better for some reason..
Old 10-08-2011, 08:33 AM
snaproll38

I think most people see threads related to there problem yet wont accept the answer b/c its not what they want to hear... Or they get too lazy to search the forum so the ask the same question someone else has i.e. whats the best trainer plane....
Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 PM
balsa brain

Doing an all nighter trying to get a new plane ready to take to the field and realizing I need a control horn, a tail wheel, the allen screw for a wheel collar or something that I have somewhere in this mess and can't find. This seems to always happen on Saturday night when the hobby shop will not be open on Sunday.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 PM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

Having my local hobby shops close the doors for good is my beef. I know it is a tough business to profit in good times and the economy is currently in the toilet, (heading for the septic tank now) so I feel bad for them. I just hate to see these shops closing.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Can't fit inside any of my airplanes.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:16 PM
WaffleMan
My Feedback: (1)

14 year old kids hovering their umx extras in your face while you are trying to fly...
Old 11-11-2011, 03:06 PM
skyblue

there is something wrong with your cpu W key.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:12 PM
skyblue

Guys that won't help newbees
newbees who don't know the nose from the tail on a plane.
newbees who leave the hobby after you spend six months in training
Old 11-12-2011, 03:49 AM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

YOU ALWAYS NEED TO BUY SOMETHING YOU DONT HAVE, to complete a project
Old 11-12-2011, 06:51 AM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

Those Club Expert Guys, every club has them; they have no life except for RC, they always get in your face, interrupt conversations, have an opinion on anything and everything; their vehicles are Mobile Hobby Shops, they run potential new members off when they respond to their questions asking about RC with a Molecular Level answer, etc, etc.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 AM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why does every electric RC Battery have a different connector on it?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Phoenixangel

People that politely ask for advice about something they own,or are going to purchase. Then get all pissy when they do not like an honest answer. Then proceed to tell you how wrong they think your information is. If they knew it all already why the hell did they ask ? LOL
Old 11-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Mk23socom
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: WaffleMan

14 year old kids hovering their umx extras in your face while you are trying to fly...
How about ANYAGE doing the aforementioned?

Old 11-13-2011, 07:49 AM
sgtmonte

WIND!!!!

Living in Kansas, the wind is my biggest beef.  10-20 knot winds are a daily occurence in the summer so if you're flying anything smaller than a .60 size aircraft, you'll get bumped around the skies.  The only way to defeat it is to be at the field at sunrise and get a couple hours of flying in or wait until right before sunset.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.