Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Largest Nitro Engine???????

I am wanting to put a nitro engine on a 25lb Ultimate Bipe. 84" wingspan. I don't want 3D but would like to have good speed performance. Is there such an engine. I was thinking maybe the Supertiger 3000 or 4000. Please let me know............

IF NO NITRO, WHATS THE SMALLEST GAS ENGINE

In Need Of Help,
    Jamie
    If you don\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'t fly it, Sell it!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Largest Nitro Engine???????

st 60cc twin is the largest i recall

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the "moki"/ mark 3.6 is the biggest i can think of off the top of my head if you want to stroke

now if you got some sirous$$$ to blow one of the big saitos could work but thats some cash and they like nitro... maybe somthign like the

300 Twin D Plug/Carbs Pump Muffler:W
    450 3-Cylinder Radial Dual Plug:HH

i think for the price a 3.6moki may be the ticket not too expensif and they run on no nitro (bbut now you got me wondering why not a 60cc gas or somthign similair?

the smallest gas is a 20cc from zenhoa (i THINK someone please correct me)

but an 84 inch bibe needs some power isnt that like atleast an 60cc gas?

can you give us more info on the plane please?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why nitro? In that size range airplane, I would go with gasoline power. Very little fuel residue to clean-up, plenty of power and much cheaper fuel.
    Plane crazy!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its a scratch built plane. I believe it measures to be about like a 35%. I got it in a trade and don't have alot of $$$$$$$ to be spending on engines. I thought a nitro would be cheaper. The original owner stated that i would need a 100cc for it but at only 25 - 27 pounds and i don't do 3D, that would be quite some over kill. I have thought about the Evolution 58X gas. I think its a 3.6

jamie
    If you don\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\ '\'\'\'\'t fly it, Sell it!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i think this is one of those htigns that you should just do it right the first time put a 100cc you might not do 3d but it stinks having to fly on full power on a smaller engine because anythign less and its stalling.... do yourself a favoure and get yourself the proper engine

JMOI

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Weight isn't everything--especially on a bipe. There is a lot of extra drag with the extra wing, so extra power is needed. 100CC doesn't sound out of the ordinary for this size bipe.
    Fly \'\'em like you stole \'\'em

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flying freak

i think this is one of those htigns that you should just do it right the first time put a 100cc you might not do 3d but it stinks having to fly on full power on a smaller engine because anythign less and its stalling.... do yourself a favoure and get yourself the proper engine

JMOI
    Ditto. Save yourself time, money, and a LOT of frustration and buy something good, and reliable the 1st time. This is NOT a cheap hobby, and the size planes your getting into equates to more money period. Do not go for the blue light specials and try to get by, because thats all you'd be doing. Wait, take some time, and buy a good engine, you won't regret it ...... Greg
    Gold Country ACE Hardware & Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

spend a little more on the gas engine because in the long run it will be a lot cheaper running gas even at 3.00 plus a gallon compared to glow fuel

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi!
    Nitro engine... For heavens sake ! They are glow engines!!!![>:]
    Jan Karlsson - Supplier MVVS Products

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jaha,
    you know,you are right.they are glow engines at least they were before some of the manufactures decided to redifine things a few years ago and unfortunately a klot of flyers just succumbed and the new flyers don't have a history with the way things were.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get an 80cc or 100cc conversion engine. Much cheaper and just as good for your intended pruposes. No 3D and just mild sport flying.

Brand new Zenoah GT-80 engines can be had for $600 +/- if your opposed to a converison engine.

Quadra makes a 100cc single don't they?
    Airplanes have expiration dates. Its just not printed anywhere on them.
    Im not really an airplane pilot; but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JRAllen

I don't have alot of $$$$$$$ to be spending on engines.
    Then do yourself a favor... Sell that BIG airplane to someone who does have a lot to spend on engines, and get something a little smaller.

If you nickle and dime a plane that big, you're just asking for trouble.
    Mike B. AMA# 42400 www.gettingairborne.com
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #2 - Waco Brother #188 - Cub Brother #2

\"Those are my principles. If you don’t like them, I have others.\" - Groucho Marx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nitro/ Glow, Whats the deal, they are the same, BTW I have been fly models for 25+ years and not a member of the idiot club. Thanks for the advice though.
    JAllen
    ORIGINAL: aerowoof

Jaha,
    you know,you are right.they are glow engines at least they were before some of the manufactures decided to redifine things a few years ago and unfortunately a klot of flyers just succumbed and the new flyers don't have a history with the way things were.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you put a big glow engine in such a big plane, and you don' t eventually crash it early, it will cost much more for the fuel it can burn than the money you may save instead of buying a gas one.
    Multiply 20 to 40 bucks for every time you go to the flying field.... and see what it makes.
    Franco
    The best planes are the long lasting ones

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have found a 80cc conversion engine, You all think it would be a good choice

Jamie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It should be able to spin a 24x12 prop @ 6.500 RPM at least. Make sure that the conversion has been made in the proper way and ask the seller to bench-test it before you decide to buy it.
    The engine is what can make our hobby turn from fun to frustration, more than radio and airplane.
    Franco
    The best planes are the long lasting ones

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

a glow engine in that size plane.. oh no vertical parking do yourself a favour get the right size engine you will be much more happeir later. da100 swinging a metzlic 28x10 prop plenty of pull