Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

help! glitching probs.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

help! glitching probs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:03 PM
andrew wisc.
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! glitching probs.

hello all!. i need help with a gliching prob. i have a sig mayhem 3d. transmitter is a futaba 6exas computer . reciever is a futaba
r168 df. flight battery is a 1700 ma 4.8 volt. servos are futaba 3010 s except for throttle wich is 3004. i am transmitting in ppm
the problem? whenever i range test with antenna down from 10ft to 100ft the control surface twitch like crazy! i have tried two other recievers all brand new,also isolating reciever from planes and unplugging each servo to see if servos are causing prob. ive checked antenna location to metal and checked secured wiring ect. the weird thing is this transmitter flies 3 other planes with similar recievers
on same channel with no glitches?i find it hard to believe i have multiple bad recievers. i am at the end of my rope on this one!
i dont want to send radio and recievers in for service if it could be something else.it flies the other planes fine. once again all components are brand new.not that means anything. ii and others in my club are stumped . there is no reason it shouldnt work?
any thought comments sugestions on thjis greatly appriciated. thanks in advance. andrew wisc.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help! glitching probs.

Hi Andrew,

You have already established it isn't the TX as there arn't any problems with your other models. You also appear to have established it isn't the RX as you have tried several without change to your existing problem. I think your next step is to look at the battery and/or switch. I had a similar problem that developed in an old model that I decided to bring out of retirement. It prooved to be the battery with a faulty cell in a brand new pack.

When fault finding work on the process of elimination and only change one variable at a time.

Good Luck,

Colin
Old 05-18-2007, 11:56 AM
scratchonly

I have read somewhere that packing rec and battery close together can cause glitches; I have not experinced this myself.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:27 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

not real familiar with that radio, but do you have any mixes programmed in? Shouldn't matter if you are getting twitching when not moving the gimbals, but you never know. I would be more inclined to believe it is a switch or battery. Isolate the switch by plugging the battery straight into the rx. then, try a different battery.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:30 PM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend was having similar problems. Turned out to be a bad 'Y' harness (on the aileron servos). Took that out and the problem was gone. Could also be any extensions in the system.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:47 PM
andrew wisc.
My Feedback: (4)

hello all. just wanted to thank you all for your help. turned out to be the extension going to elevator. i had used 3- together to get length. i replaced with longer one piece ext
and it has fixed probs. they were all brand new but in file 13 now lol.
thanks again
andrew wisc
Old 06-01-2007, 06:29 PM
anonymouse

Andrew, Amazing, I am having a similar problem with a gas powered plane. All the sudden after two years I can not get a good range check. I have tried replacing crystal, reciever in different freq and even two servos. I can't get more than 20 feet before every thing starts dancing..... I haven't tried changing servo extensions, but that will be my next step... Hard to belive what turns out to be the problem sometimes.... Thanks for this post..I'll reply again if this turns out to be the problem......