Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pitts S2 Smoke Muffler

Hello All

I have a Cermark S2B. It has a Saito 180 on it. I want to run smoke. The muffler that was "recommended" to me by the local dealer would have stuck out of the right side of the cowling. Does anyone know what the proper muffler would be ? Looking at the plane from the front the 180 is turned so the the Heads is on the left (90 degrees) which puts the exhaust port on the left. Any help appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Pitts S2 Smoke Muffler

Check out the following posts for your plane and engine combination with smoke.

Cermark Pitts Build/Assembly Page 1, Post #1, This shows the engine mounted inverted verses sidways.

Carl Goldberg Pitts S12 Monster Page 45, Post 1101, This shows the Saito 180 mounted inverted with the Slimline Smoke Muffler.

This is the combo you want in your plane and these two guys show you how. Their planes look great.

good luck

obie1
    Never pull up when 3 ft above ground inverted.