Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Opinions on SuperTiger G 2300 motor

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Opinions on SuperTiger G 2300 motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 07:48 PM
mstine06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on SuperTiger G 2300 motor

I have a giles 202 with a 72" wingspan. I am looking for a motor to put in it. I don't know what the plane weighs or how old it is. The colors are yellow, blue, red, and white. My question is about the Supertiger motor, are they decent? Will it fly this plane well? I am not looking for extreme 3D rather more of a pattern type flying plane. Would like some vertical though. Another question for you, what servos would you put in the plane. Let me know what you think. Matt
Old 05-28-2007, 09:15 PM
jasonred007

Default RE: Opinions on SuperTiger G 2300 motor

I have a Hangar 9 cap 232 with a Super Tiger 2300 that I bought used with the plane. It had about 20 flights on it prior to me. I cant say enough good about it I love this plane and motor they have fast become my favorites. For pattern flying its great, pulls with authority and is very reliable. Of course the best part is they are cheap when bought new!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 09:25 PM
alan0899

G'day Matt,
You could go for the ST, but if you want, linear throttle response, user friendly, reliability, power, & the ability to swing a 16x10, 16x14, or a 17x10 prop, easily & reliably, get a OS160FX, yeah it's not cheap, but well worth the extra cash.
Put a Bisson Pitts muffler on it, mount it sideways, use 10% nitro fuel, coolpower oil, don't use Castor oil, I'll get a beating for that, but who cares, use a OS#8 plug, & enjoy.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:57 AM
Selle

Hi

I was very happy for my Supertigre G2300. It was stabile, easy to start, powerfull and it sounded great :-) The fuel consumption was acceptable for a 23cc glow engine. I flew about 15 minuttes, with 450ml in the tank, and the throttlestick was above half, most of the time My opinion is, that for the money, it is a very nice engine. I flew a Yak 54 with a total weight of 6 kilos. it could not go vertical, but there was plenty of power for aerobatics.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:24 AM
TCrafty

I've got a Goldberg Sukhoi with a 2300 in it and I love it. Mounted sideways, Bisson Muffler, currently running Magnum 15% fuel and a 17X8 APC prop. I know some guys have blocked off one of the exits to the muffler but I've not had to so far. Runs great.