Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

split elavater

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:45 AM
jaysplains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default split elavater

i have three planes with split elv and they run on one servo one plane is venus 40 and studarcher and super sky bolt i need to know if i should use two servo s on them becuase i am haveing hard time geting both set the same i have tryed just about everything and they just wont come up to the same
there is two or three mill out of each other and my planes are snaping is it the link i have the servo in the center of plane and that made it better but thier still off again should i use two servo

thanks all
Old 05-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: split elavater

If you use 2 servos you will need either a servo reverser or a programmable radio setup for dual elevator servos.

I have several planes with split elevators and dont have problems getting them even. You said you tried everything, give us some more details of what you have done and lets see if we can help with that part.

Of course you could put dual servos in all of those planes but its really not necessary.

I dont think your planes are snapping because of the difference in the elevator halves. The plane might not track straight but I dont think it would be bad enough to make it snap. A snap generally is a result of too much elevator.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:27 PM
jaysplains

ok i have setup both elv and they are at center. my servo is in the center of fus .my links are strate and not bent anywere. i have the plane balance at it sugested cg . and i got the elv as close as 2 mm in difrence. i go flying and on low rate its ok on med rate it starts to snap and on high rate it is very bad to the right so i land and set it up so the left elv is one turn on clevis and go flying and thats a little better now on med rate its ok but high is still snaps but not as bad so i land and do it agian and go flying and now its going the other way in the snap so i land and go back to 1 and half turn and it not to bad but on high it still snaping and the high rate is the recamanded throw
Old 05-31-2007, 12:31 PM
jaysplains

i have also played around with the cg and that did nothing . so your saying that a little dif in the elv halfs is ok
Old 05-31-2007, 12:39 PM
jaysplains

maybe you can give me the basic way you setup or elvs .i just use wire with two end on one end and i found if you don,t put the servo in the center of plane it will pull one half higher os the servo is in the center and i setup the elv center and center the servo and then setup throws and one is going just a little higher its like there a dif in the way they are hocked up to the half but the clevises are in the same spot on each side
Old 05-31-2007, 07:07 PM
broke_n_bummin

The faster you go, the less control surface movement you need. too much at a higher rate of speed will make it snap like you say.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do decide to go with dual servos, consider the following:

1. Mount one servo with the output shaft towards the rear of the plane and the other with the output shaft towards the nose of the plane and use unequal length pushrods.

2. Futaba and HiTec servos run in opposite directions.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:10 PM
ahaynes

I am setting up an OMP 67" Fusion and I am going to use two elevator servos. Why would I orient one toward the front and one toward the read? The mounts for these servos and one in front of the other.