Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Thunder tiger giles and Phoenix Models wings

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Thunder tiger giles and Phoenix Models wings

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:05 AM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder tiger giles and Phoenix Models wings

hello everyone. I just have a question if anyone can answer. I have an old Thunder tiger 40. giles that i have wrecked and destroyed the wings. The tt Giles had a 50" wingspan. now I was at tower hobbies placing an order for some Phoenix Models wings for the giles. I was ready to hit the complete transaction button when I got to thinking would I really be able to adapt these wings to with the thunder tiger giles. The Phoenix models wings are 52 1/2 wingspan. this is a little bigger then the TT giles. but what I'm really worried about is that the wings are not to big or to small to fit in the wing sattle properly. I can make an adaption for the wing bolts and the dowels to work together. Does anyone know if the two wings at least fit close enough for an adaptation to make the wings and fuselage work together ? thanks.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:07 PM
rccrazedman
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Thunder tiger giles and Phoenix Models wings

And nobody knows about the cord of the wing root, size and shape ? ok well I guess I will just have to take my chances. . . .
Old 06-04-2007, 09:37 PM
air-madness

Default RE: Thunder tiger giles and Phoenix Models wings

Well, you could try. I would build my own wing from coroplast and make an adaption that way... Sure, you can possibly make a mod that will allow the new wing to fit...