Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Quick Field Charger MKII

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Quick Field Charger MKII

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Coadster67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Field Charger MKII

I am Somewhat new to the RCing world, i just recieved my wings on saturday so that made me pretty happy. But, now that i can fly whenever i want, i want to start using this charger, so i can charge up at the field.

Both my Reciever and Transmitter are Ni-cd. The reciever is 4.8v,which for quick charge is rated for 180Ma. The Transmitter is 9.6v, Which is also rated at 180Ma.

One Problem. My Charger goes only as low as 0.2A which i believe is 200 Ma. It says is has some sort of trickle charge ability, But i see no buttons or anything indicating this. I just don't want to take any chances with the batteries.

Can someone tell me how or if i can use this charger!?

Thanks for any input.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:38 PM
decay

Default RE: Quick Field Charger MKII

If their 600ma batteries , you can safely charge them at 1C which is .6A
Should take less than an hour.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:02 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

I have this same charger and put my Futaba Rx and Tx on it between every other flight or so. Charge at .2A. No issues after charging like this for a few years. If my Tx gets down in voltage level very far towards the end of the day, I'll throw it on the overnight trickle wall charger.

somegeek
Old 06-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Ed Smith

One Problem. My Charger goes only as low as 0.2A which i believe is 200 Ma. It says is has some sort of trickle charge ability, But i see no buttons or anything indicating this.
With most fast chargers, when the battery has reached the fully charged state the charger will automatically switch to a trickle charge. It does this without any input from the user. Usually the steady "Charge" light will switch to a flickering "trickle" light.

Ed S
Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 AM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What Ed said.
I have been using mine for everything all the time for about three years now. I love it.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:24 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Ed Smith

One Problem. My Charger goes only as low as 0.2A which i believe is 200 Ma. It says is has some sort of trickle charge ability, But i see no buttons or anything indicating this.
With most fast chargers, when the battery has reached the fully charged state the charger will automatically switch to a trickle charge. It does this without any input from the user. Usually the steady "Charge" light will switch to a flickering "trickle" light.

Ed S
This charger will beep when the battery pack reaches a charged state and switch to a low current trickle.

somegeek