Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

How to tell the band of a Rx

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

How to tell the band of a Rx

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Kevlar
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to tell the band of a Rx

How can I tell if a Rx is high band or low band if it doesn't have the original channel/freq sticker?
Old 06-29-2007, 05:13 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How to tell the band of a Rx

If it is not a Futaba, it does not matter. Only Futabas are high or low. If it is a Futaba, I found this info:

"I have an older R127DF receiver that is not marked Hi or Low band, how can I tell which one I have?
If you will pull out your receiver crystal, look into the slot where it goes, you will see the backside of a PC board. If you see a red dot on the PC board then your receiver is High Band. No red dot? Then it is Low band.

If you have an R148DF/DP or R149DP there is a coil directly inside the crystal slot, if you will look at the coil closest to the antenna, this is where the red dot will be if you are on High band. Otherwise if there is no dot, it is again Low Band."

This info is from here: http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/faq-receivers.html#q736
Old 06-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Kevlar
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, BUT, I had a channel 38 crystal plugged into a Rx w/o any label and it seemed to work fine. Not in plane just in workshop. When I pulled the crystal out, no red dot. So I got another Rx w/a CH38 label, pulled the crystal and it had a red dot.

So does that mean the first Rx worked only becuase of proximity to the Tx and would not over some distance? Although, now come to think of it, I thought it was in a plane, but I mixed it up.

Thoughts?
Old 06-30-2007, 12:05 PM
DennisD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The low band receiver will still work with a high band xtal, but the tuning may not be optimal.

Futaba center tunes their receivers to the middle of the low or high frequency band.

Low band receivers are tuned specifically for xtals between channel 11 and 33, and high band are tuned specifically for xtals between 34 and 60.

As long as you don't let the plane get too far away from you, you should be OK.

Somebody else might want to chime in here if I don't have it quite right.

Regards,

Dennis