Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Quick links seem Quick to fail

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Quick links seem Quick to fail

Old 06-16-2007, 07:04 AM
NJ Georgee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick links seem Quick to fail

Whats up with Quick links not fitting right on the treaded end of rods. I have 3 different types of two brands and all of them are realy loose fitting when I screw them on the rods? They just can be pulled off without unscrewing them.I tried to reach in and crimp it some but that didnt help. To me this is a failure waiting to happen. I know they have outher types to use ,But why are these so poorly made. also its the metal ones.
The plastic ones seem fine.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:22 AM
alan0899

Default RE: Quick links seem Quick to fail

G'day Mate,
Dubro quick links are 2-52, or 4-40 UNC (imperial threads) or 2mm (metric threads), if you are using the imperial threaded type quick links, 2-56 or 4-40 UNC on metric rods, they will be too big. you need 2mm.
So If you are putting together, chinese or vietnamese made ARF's, they will have Metric threaded rods. Be AWARE.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:50 AM
NJ Georgee

Thats what im thinking ,Im using the rods that came with the ARF but I decided to change the clevises to metal ones.There instructions say that they are 256 rods,But the clevisis fit loose.I bet they changed there hardware to metric but didnt update there instructions. by the way its a thunder tiger kit. I think Im going with american kits from now on,I found a few faults with this kit.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:07 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

american kits are going the way of the dinosaur no one will pay the price a quick look on the skyshark website shows most of their laser cut kits to be out of stock.stafford closed up in december.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:20 AM
NJ Georgee

after going back to my plane,I realize its not the rods at all,Its the hardware that came with a sullavan pull pull that was all screwed up. There metal clevises would not grip the treads and when I tryed clevises from anouther source I still have this problem.all of them metal.I guess I have to use the cheap plastic clevises to get it right.