Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Spinner for large apc

Old 06-16-2007, 09:39 AM
cfaw10

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Spinner for large apc

I need a 2.750-3" spinner to fit an 18/10 apc prop. The prop hub diamater is 1.750" and all the spinners I've seen only have a knurled contact area of about 1" diameter. There is a warning with the prop to be sure that the knurled area contacts the entire hub to alleviate stress. I don't mind slotting and balancing the cone if I have to, but I really don't want to lay down 75 bucks for a custom true-turn. Plastic cone with a aluminum back plate will be fine. What are you using???
Old 06-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Spinner for large apc

IMO on any engine larger than a 46 I always switch to all aluminum spinners. I just don't trust plastic on bigger engines. Plus plastic spinners look cheap. If you have a bigger bird treat her right with good gear all around. (quality hinges, control horns, engine mount, spinner, etc.)

You didn't mention what engine you are using but if its spinning an 18X10 you probably will want an all aluminum spinner.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:00 PM
dsr71
My Feedback: (171)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Spinner for large apc

try this page go down to middle of page left side airplane accessory click check mark then plastic spinner then click veiw and plactic spinner with alumimun backplate i have used them and they work good easy to cut to fit, i have not cut one that small to accept a 18-10 thoughhttp://www.airborne-models.com/Index.asp