Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Pacer Hinge Glue and RC56

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Pacer Hinge Glue and RC56

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacer Hinge Glue and RC56

I am about to assemble another 1/3 scale plane with hinge point hinges. Last time I used Pacer hinge glue but was wondering if RC 56 canopy glue wouldn't do just as well if not better. Any comments or experience would be appreciated.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:16 PM
flipstart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pacer Hinge Glue and RC56

I have used both types on 1/4 scale planes with good results. It is difficult to determine which gives better results as both seem to give satisfactory results. Pacer is a reputable company and it only seems logical that the hinge glue should be formulated for that intended purpose. The hinge glue is easier to use on hinges ( I used the Dubro plastic hinges with metal hinge pins) than the canopy glue. Just be sure to work glue in hinge slot with a thin piece of wood or metal and spread glue evenly over both sides of hinge before inserting into slot. Vaseline applied with a toothpick to the hinge section keeps the hinge free of excess glue. Wipe any excess off with wet paper towel and you are in business.