Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Has anyone tried to deal with EdgeRC lately?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Has anyone tried to deal with EdgeRC lately?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:52 PM
uonlylivetwice
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone tried to deal with EdgeRC lately?

with great trepidation I placed an order there almost three weeks ago. As much as I like the Bird of Prey they make I read about their lack of responsiveness and sure enough, I sent them money and I have not heard from them since. I even emailed in advance to confirm product was available. Seems to me three weeks should be more than enough time to receive an item much less just some notice that it is on the way, tracking info, anything. I have called and emailed and not heard a word.

If anyone knows anything please share.

thanks.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:18 PM
krypto

Default RE: Has anyone tried to deal with EdgeRC lately?

Yep. Paid $90 for an order placed on May 22, 2007. No response to my inquiries since then at all. Website is non-functional. No replies to my phone messages whatsoever. I filed a claim with paypal to try and get my money back. This sucks. [:'(] EdgeRC, I'm trying to be patient and presume something bad has occurred. sorry, but... I'm pissed and unhappy
Old 06-26-2007, 08:19 PM
desre

Yep, same here.

I ordered 2 planes ($900+) almost 2 months ago and haven't received anything yet. I've emailed and talked to Justin over the phone (had to call a bunch of times) and he said there had been a big RC plane trade show in his town and that this had caused brought business than usual, plus there was an error with his suppliers, another 2weeks delay I guess... Now it's been a week since he said he'd finish assembly and ship my order... but still no news. I don't know if he'll provide a tracking number, he never answered that question. I left him my phone number but haven't had any voice messages either. He also told me his email server had been down 2 weeks ago... and now the website is down too...

I hope edgerc gets its business back together, they make cool stuff (so I heard)

Remi
Old 07-18-2008, 08:29 PM
SloperDude

It pains me to read this thread. I'm afraid that you guys are likely to learn that EdgeRC is run by a smooth-talking con man. And you are not alone. Do a search on "EdgeRC" on RCGroups, and you will find many stories like yours.

If you can do anything to get your money back, you should do so immediately.

SloperDude
Old 07-18-2008, 08:41 PM
carrellh

The thread is from June 2007 so I doubt they're doing much about it now.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:27 AM
uonlylivetwice
My Feedback: (2)

Hey, I just wanted to reply quick, I did get my money back and he was very nice about it. I don't get EdgeRC, but whatever, I would just say buyer beware.
my experience was just like the other stories; the server is always down, medical problems, spam filters, ISP problems, and on and on. I think they make neat stuff but don't quite grasp the business concept that you can't have people send you money and fill requests at your leisure.

yolt

Old 07-21-2008, 12:25 PM
desre

I eventually did get everything I ordered. Well, the colors on the plane weren't what was promised, and I needed to buy an adapter to be able to recharge the plane's battery.

PCW's are cool. EdgeRC's service... not so much.