Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

where to put after run oil?

Old 06-23-2007, 08:22 PM
gregziemba

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default where to put after run oil?

I think i put it in the carbroater but not sure.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:35 PM
LANNYBOB

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: where to put after run oil?

yes, put it in the carb and if you want too take out the glow plug and put some in there.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:35 AM
rwright142

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tell us what engine you have because there is more than one way to do it depending on the engine.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:45 AM
jetmech05

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I put in the carb then motor the engine over, make sure you run the excess fuel out of the engine first.
All you have to do is disconnect the line from the tank, and run the engine till it dies
Old 06-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Rodney

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If using a two stroke, just put it in the carb (use enough, at least a teaspoon full) and turn the engine over a few times as you orient it in different direction. Do not need to put any in the glow plug hole--in fact not recommended as it is to easy to cross thread the plug when reinserting it. If a four stroke engine, you must put it in the crankcase breather hole as that is the only way you will get it to where it is needed (into the bearings on the con rod and thrust bearings). Again, use enough, at least a teaspoon full to do any good. It wont hurt to also put a few drops in the exhaust or carb throat but not necessary. Again, rotate the engine as you turn it over by hand to distribute the oil over the entire inside of the crankcase and bearings. To save money, you can use any air tool oil or Rislone instead of commercial after run oil as it is just as good. Many people say to use Marvel Mystery Oil but that, while better than nothing, is not a good after run oil. Neither is sewing machine oil or gun oil, all the later being much to thin to do any good.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:56 PM
gregziemba

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

its a satio 100
Old 06-24-2007, 08:07 PM
pilot727

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Depend's, you should not use regular after run oil in a YS engine and it can also harm other engines, i buy my after run oil at central hobbies and it can be used in any engine and is made for the YS engines, i always run my engine's out of fuel and put enough in the glow plug hole to get it around, but now i will put it into the breather hole as rodney has said, i take great care of my emgines but i have forgotten about the breather vent, good point rodney, thanks, what i said here is what i have read in a magazine, i think Fly RC as i have a three year script and there is so much good info in these books, but i talked to ys myself and was told to use nothing but after run oil sold at central hobbies and i have alot of money tied up so i do follow there instructions as it is there product.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:36 PM
gregziemba

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

so i shouldnt use hobbieco after oil? and is it normall for the gas on the plane to be black?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:21 AM
pilot727

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have never heard of it, but i use only one brand of after run oil and i use it everytime i take my plane out, i cannot tell you that i know anything about the oil except that ys told me not to use any other oil in there engines and also it is fine to use in any engine where other after run oils will ruin certain material's in engine's, a guy at the field only run's ys engine's and he told me and then ys performance told me the same thing, that is what i was told and also that is what i read in a magizine as they really have so many interesting things about many different subject's that will help you, i had all new OS-engines, i gave them away and i bought all knew ys engines, a 160DZ 2-140 2-110'S AND I RUN NOTHING BUT 30% HELI FUEL in all of them, os engines are a fine engine and there warentee is nothing but the very best, but after a ys-110 went by my plane, both the same plane's and almost took the cover off my plane, i went with ys and i have has no problem's, i also use the Hyde soft mount made and invented by Merle Hyde, TOOK HIM 11 YEARS to do so, engeerneer's have cut them up trying to figure out how he made them and they cannot, my planes are vibration free, very little vibration, people at the field just cannot believe my ys-160DZ on my cap 232 and 95% free of vibration, people spend hundreds and even thousands of dollars but they will not spend the 140 dollars it cost me, but the only thing i replace is my tires and i fly often, my friends most of them have stress marks on there planes so bad they cannot fly them anymore, the funny thing is that Merle does not even advertise, but at central hobbies there is a great follow up about him, take a minute and read it, it's your plane.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:43 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i put alot of marvel mystery oil in my engines. Its really cheap and it seems to work fine. Some glow fuels say not to use after run oil...why is that?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:34 PM
pilot727

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tony
I have also heard that after run oil is also one of the best to use but not in a ys engine or at least i would check with them first, certain engine's use certain oils as well as fuel.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Jackster00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

On a Saito, you'll want to squirt some into the crankcase vent tube. I also get oriented as to where the exhaust cycle is, and also squirt some into the muffler at a position where it'll run into the cylinder. Then I rotate the engine around about 8 times with the throttle open. Then, a few more spins (by hand), with the throttle closed. I personally, use a 1/2 and 1/2 combination of Marvel Mystery Oil and automatic transmission oil. Never have had a problem.

Jackster
Old 06-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Sport_Pilot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I leave it on the dealers shelf. Havent't used it in years, never had a rusted out bearing, except on sitting on the shelf. Use at least some castor oil in your fuel and you won't need after run oil.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:09 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I don't use castor in my fuel and I still don't use After-run oil

Been working for over 45 years