Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Performance propeller?

Old 06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Jackster00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Performance propeller?

Help! I'm calling on a veteran who's had experience and could help me out with some advice.
I have a GP EZ Sport 40 with an OS .46AX. At my club's annual fly-in and picnic in 2 weeks, part of the festivities will include various contests, one of which is the "Dreaded Bean Loop". It involves installing a small Dixie drinking cup on the top of the fuse, and putting 20 Great Northern beans into it. The idea is to take off, do a loop and land with the beans still in the cup when you taxi back to the judge. The most beans left in the cup wins. Usually it's all beans or NONE left. I've chosen my 40 this time because it's the hottest ship I have, but I still lose the beans when I practice. I've been running an 11x6 ABS prop, but my hobby store recommends a 12.25x3.75 prop. They say that's what they use in 3-D's this size. Any suggestions?

Jackster
Old 06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Performance propeller?

I don't think the prop is your problem. It's the shape of the loop. Take a look at a roller coaster loop, they're designed to maintain positive G's through out the loop. That's what you want, positive G's. The roller coaster loop is squished, tighter at the top.

I'd try pulling up gently and increasing your pull through the entire first half of the loop, then ease off as you pull around the back side. Should help.

Dave