Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

2 Stroke inverted mounting

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

2 Stroke inverted mounting

Old 06-25-2007, 09:59 PM
GregT882762

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Stroke inverted mounting

Anything special i need to know,this will be my first inverted mount on a plane SUPertigre 45
Old 06-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2 Stroke inverted mounting

If you can avoid mounting inverted, do it. 2 strokes are prone to flame outs unless you are a master at tuning. Fuel tank height is critical. To high, and the fuel will puddle and flood the glow plug. If you can, instead of a 90 degree inverted mounting, try a 80 degree, or sideways mount. If you have to go inverted, you will be much happier with a four stroke. The four strokes are more forgiving in an inverted position.

I will now await the flames.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:34 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Aside from all of the little annoyances, there is one big problem to be aware of - Hydrolic Lock

If you get too much fuel in the head, the piston can't get to the top of the cylindar (Or more accurately, the bottom of the bucket of fuel)

Since there is no outlet at the top of the head, the fuel has no way out unless you flip the whole plane over.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:48 PM
GregT882762

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well putting 45 size supeetigre on a 40 size u can do should be fine for what i will do with it since not to far expierenced and plan on flyinh around 1/2 throttle to learn manuvers,so inverted only option with room on this plane at least with cowl on it .
Old 06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cameron724,

I had a u-can-do 46 with a ST 51 a few years ago. The ST 51 was fine for sport flying but it was not good enough of 3D. I had my ST 51 inverted and used a fueler valve. When I wasn't flying I would keep a spare piece that fits into the fueler valve plugged into the fueler so the fuel wouldn't siffin into the carb. You'll also need to lean the low end on the carb so you'll have a good idle or it will keep dieing on you. I really didn't have any issues running the engine inverted.